22. ( maybe i do ) he does

HIGHWAY TO HELL

chapter 22

( maybe i do )  he does

it was currently 12:54pm meaning it was time for everyone to return to back to the centre of jericho. thursday walked down the crowded streets, watching as everyone seemed happy to be back together. however, the only thing thursday could think about was his sister.

she knew that his powers were going to kill him. all this time she knew the one thing that made thursday feel like he was somewhat special would be the cause of his death. he just didn't understand why she didn't tell him earlier. i mean, did he really mean nothing to her.

his hands were still charcoal black and the burning sensation was strong, it felt like someone was relighting his hands on fire over and over again and just as he thought it had stopped, it came back a lot harder. thursday didn't want to look weak, so he put on a brave face, looking as if nothing was bothering him at all.

he tried to look as if he wasn't going to die one day due to the one thing that made him special, or he felt agnoy coming from his hands every second of every minute, or even his own sister knew that he was going to die and she didn't even bother to tell him, or that she makes him feel like nothing and everything he had ever done for her was only benefiting her and would hurt him in the long run.

oh, let's not forget everything thursday had ever done never helped him whatsoever and probably made whatever the situation was 10 times worse than it originally was. no matter how much thursday tried, no good would ever come out of anything. maybe he just wasn't worthy of it.

the only thing thursday had going right now was whatever he and kit had going on. thursday could only hope it would last seeing as that was the only thing he had left.

the was one of the habits thursday had been doing recently, sheltering himself from the world and putting on a brave face; he knew it wouldn't be long until his brave face faltered and everyone saw him for who he really was. he wish that day would never come.

a warm arm wrapped itself around his neck, taking him by surprise. turning to his left, he saw an awfully cheery kit who had never looked happier. "thursday! you're back." kit showed him a toothy grin which thursday had already seen plenty of times.

"i am." thursday spoke. his voice was quite, unusally quite. and knowing thursday, kit knew something was wrong. kits grin seemed to fade as his look changed from happy to worried in only a split second.

"what's wrong?" kit asked, his tone soft as well as his eyes that semed to soften as he looked at the taller boy. however, thursday didn't notice that. "nothing's wrong." thursday lied as the two walked at a slow pace.

"you know you can talk to me, right? the shorter boy told thursday. kit knew that thursady was lying, he wasn't that stupid. sometimes he wished he would just open up to him, he knew it was a hard thing to do but kit knew that if thursday were to open up to someone and not put on the same old brave face, someone would actually be able to help him. someone like himself.