°2.0°

2.0 |I need to make things right|

JASKIER HAD BEEN TRAVELLING THE CONTINENT FOR A FEW YEARS NOW. His mind was still haunted by the harsh words he had spoken towards Valeria. That was the last time he saw her. All this time he was too afraid to look for her. Yet, somewhere deep in his heart he yearned for her. Every time he entered a new alehouse or tavern he hoped to spot a whisp of white hair or the bright blue colour of her dresses but it never came.
He had written dozens of new songs all dedicated towards her and what could have been between them.
God, how he missed her. He would never admit it but sometimes when he felt really lonely at night he would hug his lute, the lute she gifted him, and imagined that night on the mountain after they both were illuminated on each other's feelings.
There had been plenty of dreams about the moment they kissed and what almost went down between them. But then his eyes would open again and the delightful feeling would be whisked away.
The memory had been so long ago that he nearly forgot the taste of her lips on his or how her body felt sitting atop of his. He often wondered if she had been able to find someone new or if she were the same as he was.
He only tried it with another woman once but as soon as they were alone and she gave him a kiss, he flinched away and started to cry.
He knew that no one could ever compare to the woman who had an actual dragon as a child. He remembered the conversation they had sitting beside the fire and how lovingly she spoke of her son. Who would have ever thought, she was talking about a fire breathing animal.

But now he was finally ready.

His gaze fixed upon the stormy sea in front of him. The bustle of the crowded port didn't even bother him. Not knowing that he had a chance to see her again and right the wrongs. He imagined it a couple of times already. He would arrive in Naath while Valeria sat on her throne. He had heard the whispers not long after he left her in that mountain that the Mother of Dragons finally accepted to be the queen of Naath. The grin that spread on his face when he heard the news was the first time he genuinely smiled after the mountain.
Last thing he heard the island was thriving while the queen took care of her two children. The green one was already growing rapidly and was just as fond of its mother as the black dragon. That is what Jaskier heard at least.

He approached one of the men working on the docks.
"Excuse me, good sir, but could you tell me which of these ships could take me to Naath?"
That is where he was headed. To finally apologise to Valeria and tell her honestly how much he had longed for her and tell her how much he loved her. In most of dreams, she leapt into his arms with a smile or she would take him back in an instance and she could show him her kingdom. There have been many occasions where he dreamt she would turn him away instantly or where she already had found a husband as well but he needed to do this.
The man carrying a load of crates, set them down with a confused look.
"Naath? You've got to be joking, surely."
Jaskier shook his head with furrowed eyebrows.
"Where have you been, boy?"
The bard simply shrugged, not understanding the astonished man.
"Haven't you heard? Nobody in their right mind is willing to go to Naath. Not in years!"

"Why?"

The man sighed while crossing his muscled arms gazing down at the bard with a suspicious look.
"Some time ago Nilfgaard attacked the damn Isle. Practically every citizen was slaughtered. They even managed to slay the smallest dragon. That place is nothing more than a burning pile of ash and corpses."
Jaskier's breathing stopped for a moment. He couldn't possibly have heard that right.
"B-but what of the queen an-and the largest dragon?" he stammered.
The man patted Jaskier's shoulder with a reassuring smile.

"Ah, don't worry about that woman. She surely won't come after ya. Both of them disappeared after the big one was shot with these huge arrows they made for the damn thing. No one has heard or seen a sign of any of them for years. My guess, is the bloody beast was far too injured and died taking the crazy bitch with it. To our luck, they are both death."

END OF PART ONE