°1.2°

1.2 |I'm sorry|

THE DOOR OPENED. The room where Jaskier layed got into Valeria's sight. The witch she learned was named Yennefer stood infront of her.
"You may enter now."
Carefully she stepped inside and stared at the sleeping bard. His throat looked normal again, to Valeria's relief.
"He's in a deep healing sleep."
The white haired woman looked over her shoulder.
"Thank you, Yennefer. Whatever the price is, let me know and I'll see it done."
Valeria turned back to Jaskier.
"Whatever the price? You do not care how much you'd have to pay?"

"No, I'm sure whatever you need, I can pay. Even if it's all I have," she fully turned to face Yennefer with a determined look, "I would still pay. He's my friend and I would not give up on him."

"I see you care about him. He must be a very great friend to you."
Valeria stepped towards the mage. When the two women stood right in front of eachother, Valeria stared into the violet eyes of Yennefer.
"I'm sure your capabilities are incredible, but your intentions are unclear to me."
Her last words came out in whisper.

The woman sparked an insterest in Yennefer. There was something about this Valeria but she couldn't figure out what. Unlike Geralt and Jaskier she couldn't see a thing in Valeria's mind. It was as if her mind blocked out Yennefer's magic. All she could see was black.
"You can try to take a look inside but you wont find anything. I've learned how to protect myself from those magic tricks."
It seemed as if Valeria mocked Yennefer but a smile was still on her face.
"Sadly I can't look into your mind either. I guess that makes us even. You don't know anything about me and I won't know your true intentions. I bid you goodnight."
Valeria stepped away from the mage and turned back to Jaskier.
She heard the door close behind her.

A sigh escaped her mouth. Valeria sat down on the end of the bed. Her hands played with the blue fabric of her dress.
"God, I hope you'll be alright."
She closed her eyes for a minute.
"You gave us a scare today. Geralt might not be so open about it but he was worried too."
She stared at the symbol on the ground surrounded by candles with an uncomfortable look. It was probably essential for the healing process otherwise Yennefer wouldn't have placed it there, she thought.
"That thing makes me uncomfortable. Most of the things today were uncomfortable to say the least," she chuckled. She stared at a sleeping Jaskier with a small smile.
"But if you heal back to the annoying bard you were before, it was all worth it."
A sad expression replaced the small smile on Valeria's face.
"If you even wake up at all."
She was silent for a while.

"I should have looked out for you better. Then this wouldn't have happened. I'm sorry."
She stood up and started pacing around the room with her arms crossed in front of her.
"It's strange with you around and no sound  coming from you. I mean, look at me, I'm talking to an unconscious man." A small laugh escaped her mouth.
"At least I can tell you things now that I would never dare to say out loud when you're awake."
Valeria stared out of the window next to the bed.
"There is still so much you don't know about me. All those times you praised the Mother of Dragons without knowing she was sitting right in front of you. How you dream of meeting her one day while you already have," she paused with a small smile while turning to look at Jaskier, "and I can assure you that she holds you close to her heart. How you would freak out if you found out one of your dear friends was the legend you admire so much."

Valeria paced around the bed until she stood next to the bard's sleeping form. Her hand stroked a strand of his hair from his eyes. Her next words were nothing more then mere whispers.
"You're one of my greatest friends, Jaskier. Well, that's not very hard since I don't have much but that's beside point," she held his hand in hers and squeezed it trying to reassure herself.
"I love you, Jaskier, as a friend or even family. But slowly I'm starting to wonder if that could turn into another way of loving someone."

A laugh escaped her mouth.
"I think I'm going mad."
She bent down and gave the bard a quick kiss on his forehead.
"Goodnight, Jaskier."
Valeria walked towards the wooden chair and sat down on it.
Slowly she closed her eyes, sleep taking over her.

Geralt finally could see the bard. After needing to spend time with the witch in the bath, it was time to see how Jaskier was doing. He didn't like to admit it but he was worried about his friend. Even admitting the bard was a friend was hard. The Witcher hadn't seen Valeria for some time either.
She had been with the bard all this time.

Entering the room a small smile grace his face, seeing Valeria sleeping in the chair next Jaskier. She had fallen over and her head now rested on the bard's chest. Both of them seemed at rest.