°1.1°

1.1 |help him|

VALERIA SPOTTED A CAMPSITE. Her worries grew larger by the second with each pained sound leaving the bard. What on earth caused this to happen to him.
She raced with her horse forward while frantically shouting for a doctor.
A stranger pointed them towards the tent of an elf healer named Chireadan. Without wasting any time, Valeria stepped of her horse while Geralt lifted Jaskier of Roach.
"Tie up the horses."

Without a single protest Valeria obeyed Geralt's orders while she saw him leaving in the elf's tent with a wheezing Jaskier. The young woman let out a shaky breath while her mind filled with worries. Something as easy as tying up the horses seemed too difficult for her now and she had to try it again and again.
After managing to tie up the two horses, she ran to the tent she saw her friends leave in.

"If the spell's action isn't halted as soon as possible, the damage might be irreversible. And the longer he goes untreated, the more likely it could spread. He could die."
Shock was all Valeria could feel when she entered the tent and heard those words. Jaskier cussed while more blood was spat out.
"What!"
Geralt gazed up at an angered Valeria who stepped towards him.
"Uh. Yeah, we won't let that happen."
Neither Valeria or Jaskier found Geralt's words reassuring. The woman tried to hold the bard steady while the elf made him drink and unknown substance.
The medicine would buy them a few hours but they needed a magical remedy.

"Alright, then where can we find a mage nearby?"
The elf has a weird look on his face.
"The mayor says they're dangerous."
Valeria glared at Chireadan not in the mood for this. Geralt took a step forward while having his eyes on the healer.
"What aren't you saying?"
Jaskier's wheezing filled the silence while Valeria's hands were tightly holding onto his shoulders.

"Well, there is one mage. I was tasked with bringing this mage to justice. But I was unable to penetrate certain defenses," the bard coughed up more blood. His hand frantically searched for Valeria's in need of reassurance, "The mayor himself has made the catch and has imprisoned the mage in his house."

The Witcher picked up Jaskier again And Valeria let go of his hand.
"That wasn't so fucking hard, was it?" grunted Geralt.

Jaskier's wheezing continued while he layed over Geralt's shoulder. The trio stepped through the dimly little cellar of the mayor's house. They had found the place and entered after Valerie roughly knocked out the annoying guard out front with a bag of money.
The bard stretched his hand out towards the white haired woman walking behind him and Geralt.
With a weird look she took his hand in hers. Valeria thought about how he probably needed some comfort now so she allowed the token of affection just this once.

Geralt put Jaskier down on the table once they entered the kitchen. Valeria seemed it was time to let go of the bard's hand but he wouldn't allow it.
A shriek escaped her mouth when she saw the naked man in front of them. Even Geralt expressed his surprise.
The woman quickly averted her eyes.
She heard a jug shatter but she still kept her eyes away from the man.
"Welcome to my home."

"You're the mayor of Rinde? Not exactly what I was expecting," exclaimed the Witcher.
Geralt and Valeria eyed eachother not believing the sight infront of them.
Jaskier tried to speak but they were mere whimpers.
Geralt pointed at the bard while explaining his condition.
"Is there a mage that lives here?" Valerie asked in a hurry trying to keep looking at the man's upper half.
A confused frown etched on her face when the mayor started speaking of apple juice.
Geralt turned to Valeria with an equally confused expression.
"I don't understand. Does he want me to get him the apple juice?"
Both Valeria and Jaskier shrugged.

Geralt took the jug of juice with a grunt.
"Oh, he's asleep now?" The woman stared at the naked mayor.
"Good."
Valeria nodded in agreement with the Witcher while helping him get the bard back up.

"The fuck?" Exclaimed the Witcher and the woman at the same time seeing the smoke behind the door they had just opened.
After walking a bit further they reached a room.
Valeria's eyes grew wider and her cheeks got even more red then they already were.
"You've got to be kidding me!"
She never felt more uncomfortable in her life. Geralt sighed at the sight infront of them while Jaskier only stared with wide eyes. No that he could do much more in his condition.
The room was filled with people, barely clothed or totally naked, engrossed in acts of pleasure.
The trio started to walk slowly through the crowd.
Valeria kept her head low, not wanting to see anyone performing sexual acts.

Geralt stopped in his tracks. Valerie hadn't noticed and walked straight into his back. The Witcher turned and pushed Jaskier into her arms.
"You two, stay."
Wit a groan Valeria tried to shift Jaskier weight off of her. She managed to push him onto a couch.
In the corner of her eye she spotted Geralt walking towards a darkhaired woman, who was probably the only person not engaged in these sexual acts.
A woman sitting next to Jaskier, pulled the bard close to her naked body while he continued to wheeze.
"Okay, that's definitely not going to happen!"
Valeria quickly pulled the man away from the unknown woman. She pulled to hard and with a thud the bard landed on the floor.
"Shit, sorry!"
Trying to hold back her laughter at sight of Jaskier with his face planted against the wooden floor, she kneeled down next to him.
She put her hands under his arms and lifted him up.
His back leaned against her front while her arms were wrapped around his waist, trying with all her might to hold him up.
"You'll be alright, my friend."

She heard the mage loudly speak, "Ragamuffin!"
It seemed as if everyone woke up from dream. The people suddenly realised what they were doing and stopped immediately.
All of them got dressed in a hurry and walked out.
Now that the couch was free, Valeria waddled to it and sat the bard down. She tried to do it gently but the weight was too much so she left him fall down while she almost fell down as well.
Out of breath, she patted his shoulder while she was crouched in front of him.

"Let's get that lovely voice of yours back to the way it was."