Returns

Angela was there, had been there.

The image she saw was somewhat blurry. It was a time layer, one of many that were stamped on that place, that particular terrain—a barren stretch of land that felt familiar, even if she could not understand why. 

Her sister was kneeling in the rain until a man helped her. Mathias? Her heart skipped a beat. No, it was a different man, unknown. And then there was another one. They both helped her get into a car. 

What was she doing out there with those strange men? She was miles away from home. Had she been kidnapped? Was it a family plot?

In any case, it looked like Angela was in trouble. She needed to do something. It was her sister, no matter what had passed between them, she could still feel that cord of union, that connection they shared since they were little. 

She heard one of them speaking of a hospital. They were taking her sister there. Why? 

She knew she needed to be in the same place and hoped that time would decompress back to let her be in her original present, the one she had been plucked from. So she just walked. Walked and walked away from the city center, along a highway that stretched on amidst a wasteland. 

They were going in the direction of the university and so that was also the path she followed. It was drizzling when she arrived. Past the university entrance. Turn left and then left again amongst the engineering blocks. There it stood, the university hospital.  A tall, white building, larger than life.