Family/Past Headcanons

Some headcanons for the Gen 1 characters✨

**

Chris: His parents were serial killers, so he was given to an adoptive family at a very young age, where he pretended to be a normal child. Eventually, his parents' traits got to him.

Chef: He really was in a war, and it made him tough and cold, but like he said- he used to be like DJ before the trauma.

Gwen: Her dad left when she was very young (5-7 years old) and she's been insecure and messed up from it ever since. Trent wasn't her first boyfriend because she's had at least two before him. She uses guys to fill the hole her dad created.

LeShawna: She has a very close family. Her dad was murdered before she was born, so her mother raised her and her siblings to be independent and look out for each other.

Bridgette: Her family is really close. She knows EVERYONE in her family. Her immediate family are animal rights activists.

Duncan: He's really close to his mother, but he has a strained relationship with his father. His dad is a cop, and he's always been super strict with him and low-key verbally abusive, so he rebelled.

Cody: His parents neglect him because they're so busy all the time, so he raised himself.

Izzy: She grew up in the foster care system because her single mom was a drug addict. She was adopted by nice, normal parents. They don't know what to do with her because of how insane she acts all the time.

Geoff: His family, like Bridgette's, are super close. A lot of them are stoners and/or hippies. He followed in his older cousin's footsteps regarding partying all the time and enjoying life in the moment. 

Trent: His mom and dad divorced when he was around the age of 10-12, which was very hard on him, but both of his parents are very loving.

Courtney: Her dad is hardly present in her life and let's her mother boss him around. Her mother is verbally abusive and expects way too much from her. She is an only child too.

Heather: Her parents are super rich. They spoil her and pretend they care about her, but behind her back, they can't stand her. They don't really see her as a person. They have six kids in all, and Heather is often compared to her siblings. Her parents also make subtle jabs at her all the time, but quickly make it up with material things.

DJ: His dad left him and his mother years ago, so it's just them two against the world. His mom is a bit too hard-hearted and overprotective because his dad betrayed her, but she really loves and cares about DJ and his younger brother.

Lindsay: Her parents are both just as smart as she is. They're all very nice people, though, and will kindly welcome anyone into their house. They love to throw big, rich people parties.

Noah: His parents are both very stuck up and read him the dictionary for a bedtime story when he was a baby and toddler. His parents made sure that he was smarter than every other kid because it's a "family tradition."

Katie + Sadie: Their families are very close. The friendship started with both of their great grandmothers. They have tons of get-togethers every year. Codependency is normalized in their families.

Owen: His mom always fed him too much as a baby and never let him be independent, and his dad never approved of it, but he didn't want to say anything because his wife and son are both kindhearted people. This may have became an issue when Owen moved out...

Harold: His parents are both black belts in karate, and he really looks up to them. Not only because they're badass, but because they give good advice and have always promoted being yourself to him.

Justin: His parents live through him. They're both extremely shallow people who never became models, so they made him started modeling at the age of 5. They worshipped him all his life.

Tyler: His entire family is athletic, and they all work out together. He has three brothers, and they fight with each other all the time, but it's always play fighting.

Eva: Her parents are both super sweet and mild. The reason why she's so tough and aggressive is because she was constantly beat up by school bullies in elementary school. She spent the entirety of middle school getting fit and training to destroy her enemies.

Beth: She lives with both of her parents and her two sisters. Like Harold's parents, they encourage her to be herself, and they're really down-to-earth.

Alejandro: His mother is the sweetest person alive, but she knows how to manipulate her enemies. His father is not super affectionate, but he cares about his kids and can also manipulate. Alejandro grew up with his two older brothers and was bullied to death by José while Carlos tried to make peace.

Sierra: She only lives with her mother because her dad is in jail for drugs. She's close to her mom because they have very similar personalities- they're both obsessive.