Ch. 2

At six in the morning, Kimiko sighed. As she followed her three friends and one of their little sisters off the train, her head ached with a migraine. The entire station seemed to burst into life with many people trying to get to work on time.

"Don't dilly-dally, Miko-chan!" one of the girls exclaimed. "You'll get left behind!"

"At least it isn't your sense of direction, Misaki," retorted another of the girls. "Who would know if we have gotten lost."

"Miko-pyon, Jin-pyon, Sora-pyon is being mean!" Misaki complained. "She's making fun of my directional sense!"

"Wow, looks like your vocabulary has increased."

"Misaki, Sora, please stop it," Jin said patiently. "You are setting a bad example for Tora-chan."

"Don't be a sore loser, Jin-pyon," Misaki pouted as she flicked the end of her black hair. "It's not like we got anything to lose." 😗

"You do if it is me." Kimiko snapped as she flung her tennis racket right out of its bag that she was carrying on her shoulder and pointed it right in front of Misaki's nose. "And stop pouting. You need to set an example for your little sister."

"Okay, okay," Misaki sweat dropped. "I get it. You can drop your racket now." 😰

Kimiko put her racket right back to its proper place. "Let's go. My grandfather's butler Bunta should be waiting outside somewhere near here. We still have to meet Hia-jii."

The girls hurriedly exited the train station, ignoring the looks that some people gave them. When they got outside, they found a man dressed in a black suit waiting for them. The butler opened the back door of the car and ushered them in. Once they settled, Sorana and Misaki chattered loudly while Jin and Tora took a short nap. Kimiko rubbed her forehead. 🚘

"Get us to the Yukibara mansion quickly.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🏯 After an hour long drive, they arrived at a large mansion. As the butler opened the door, Misaki and Sorano tumbled out. Jin, Tora, and Kimiko exited after them.

"Why did you literally kicked us out, Tora-pyon!" Misaki cried.

"Miko-neechan asked me to!" Tora signed cheerfully. "You two were really noisy. I could even hear you in my sleep!"

"And you two were literally debating the whole ride," Jin added, sweat dropping. "I'm surprised that Miko stood your fight whether chocolate and strawberry Pocky are the best for the whole car ride."

While they were talking, Kimiko gazed around the property. Several trees dotting the border of the Yukibara property were filled with pink sakura blossoms. Purple irises grew around the sakura trees. On her right stood a stable and several paddocks full of Gypsy Vanner mares and their foals. Beyond them laid an apple orchard in bloom. A trail that lead through the apple orchard from the stables to a vast meadow at the edge of the Yukibara property could be clearly seen.

On her left was two story sports building. Right next to it laid a tennis court for sunny days.

The outside of the mansion itself was incomparable. It was Victorian style, and gave of a comfortable homey feeling even though it was four stories. The elegant black granite columns accented the white exterior of the mansion. The windows glistened in the sun like crystals. The door was made of cedar wood so polished that you could see yourself clearly.

"..." Kimiko gazed blankly at her surroundings.

"So where are we going to meet your grandfather?" Sora asked, snapping Kimiko out of her thought.