Ch. 4

"Where's the teachers' room, Sora-pyon?" Misaki asked her cousin as she switched her outdoor shoes for her new indoor shoes. She replaced her outdoor shoes in her shoe locker.

Sora leaned against the shoe lockers besides her, already in her indoor shoes. "It's the first door on the left in the east wing on the second floor. Why did you ask?"

"I forgot my schedule." Misaki replied cheekily. "And Jin-pyon and Miko-pyon still need to get theirs as well!"

Sora's eyebrow twitched. "Then get your slow butt up there! Or else Kimiko's going to double your laps at the next training session."

Misaki ran.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Which class are you girls in?" Sora asked excitedly as Jin and Kimiko retrieved their own schedules.

"I'm in 1-A." answered Kimiko bluntly.

"1-B." replied Jin.

"I'm in the same class as Jin-pyon!" Misaki gleefully shared.

"Misaki, how did you-never mind..." Sora rubbed her head. "Kimiko must have bribed you with candy to make sure you got good grades to get into the same class as Jin. Don't eat to much."

"Sora-pyon!" whined Misaki. "You're so mean."

"What's yours?" Jin questioned Sora shyly.

"Like Kimi, I'm in class 1-A." answered Sora.

"Did you put your dog in the nurse's office, Sora?" Kimiko spoke up.

"Hai, Kimi. Everything's cleared up with the school officials and nurse. If Toshi is on good behavior this week, I'll be able to have him roam with me for the whole school year."

Kimiko sighed with relief. "Good. I don't want you getting any asthma or panic attack yet, you hear? Take care of yourself, or else you're running laps."

The three other girls sweat dropped. Kimiko ignored them before shifting into her regular cold, princess-like personality.

"Misaki, behave yourself and tone down your childishness. Try not to let your sadistic streak show. Pass your subjects with a minimum grade of 80%. Jin, please take care of Misaki when you are in class. See to it that the both of you are passing with at least 80%. You may go Rin if you could not handle any situation as usual, but keep the casualty at a minimum. Sora, stay beside me and lessen your sarcastic remarks. You do not need to get into any unnecessary trouble on the first day of class with a teacher. I expect you to pass your subjects with a minimum of 90%. These are my grandfathers' requirements."

"Kay." The three girls nodded, used to the high standards both of Kimiko's grandfathers usually set.

"Shoda-san, Kawabata-san, I am your home room councilor and the science teacher, Maita-sensei ," a female teacher said as she approached them. Another teacher followed behind her. "Yukibara-san, Kurokawa-san, Oshiro-sensei is your home room councilor. He also is the English teacher. Girls, please follow your respective teachers to your classrooms."

"Hai, sensei!" The four girls said in unison. Then the four friends dispersed.
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
In Class 1-A, every student was bursting with chatter. They were very excited. It wasn't every day that you get a new transfer student-let alone two- in Sainō no Kōkō; especially in Sainō no Kōkō's Class 1-A. Only students of top, best, high quality grades were placed in Classes 1-A, 2-A, and 3-A. So all the students were talking amongst themselves.

"I hope that one of them is a very hot boy!" said one girl student. "Do you think he is single?"

"I bet one of them is a very cute girl!" a boy added. "I hope I could ask her out on a date."

The door slid open. The homeroom sensei of Class 1-A entered the classroom. All the students went silent. The sensei called everyone into attendance.

"Ohiyo, Oshiro-sensei!" everyone in the class greeted their teacher.

"Ohiyo. You may now sit down." the teacher nodded in dismissal. All of his students sat down.

"Sensei, is it true we are getting some new students today?" a male student shouted from the back.

"Hai." Oshiro-sensei answered. He faced the door. "Kurokawa-san, Yukibara-san, you may now enter the classroom and introduce yourself."

"Hai, Sensei." The two girls entered the classroom. Their sensei each handed them a piece of chalk. The girls wrote their names on the blackboard before facing their classmates.

"My name's Kurokawa Sorano." Sora said in a some-what friendly voice. "I play tennis and the flute. This ice princess beside me is one of my closest friends. You'll see me with my dog sometime starting next week. He's mostly well behave, but he'll bite you if you get to close in my personal space. I hope we all get along!"

Everyone but Kimiko sweat dropped.

Sora nudged Kimiko. Kimiko sighed as she pushed her glasses up to her nose.

"I am Yukibara Kimiko." she said in a cold voice. "My hobbies are none of your business. I also like to spend my friends when I am not doing either one of my hobbies, which is also none of your business."

"..." Everyone in the room shivered at her cold voice.

"Ok..." Oshiro-sensei sweat dropped. "Does anyone have any questions they like to ask our new students?"

All the boys raised their hands.

"Go ahead, Nagai-san."

"Are you two single?" the mentioned boy shouted from the back. Every single boy put down their hand.

Sora and Kimiko sweat dropped.

"I do not have the time or energy to be dating at the moment." Kimiko immediately shut down the boy. "I also have very high standards of who can be my boyfriend."

"Besides, she's already engaged." added Sora cheekily. "Her grandfather set up an arranged marriage since she was born. And I am not looking for a boyfriend either. Dating is a distraction at this time of life. I want to enjoy the moment with my best friends! Dating can wait later on in life."

Every boy had a depressed aura.

Meanwhile, in Class 1-B:

"So what kind of club are you planning to join, Shoda-san, Kawabata-san?" A girl asked.

"I'm joining whichever one Mi-chan wants to join." Jin shuttered.

"Girl's tennis!" Misaki said gleefully. "And if there's none, then we'll just join the boys' and torture-I mean train them."