Chapter 16: So its a date? (Part 1)

Sunny and Kel had already begun to pick a movie to watch now that they were informed that Hero wanted to go someplace with Mari. However, she had no idea what was happening. They simply got home and sat with Sunny and Kel as they discussed what movie they wanted to watch.

"Well, what about this one? It has monsters in it." Kel held up a VHS tape's box. It looked like a horror movie.

Sunny shook his head. "I don't like horror movies... remember... Mari does, though."

Mari nodded. "I actually bought that when it was on sale on Hobeez a few years back. It's so bad it's good."

Kel came across a VHS tape without a box, checking the label on the side. He read what was on it, his eyes widening.

"Why do you guys have a tape called 'Sex on the Roof"???'

Hero choked, looking at Mari. "WHY DO YOU HAVE A TAPE CALLED THAT?"

"WE HAVE A TAPE CALLED WHAT??" Mari exclaimed.

Sunny took the tape and put in the slot, the others yelling at him. However, instead of seeing something that would need them to bleach their eyes later, on the tv was an old tape, dated January 12th 1996. Mari and Sunny were sat on their couch, beginning to ramble on why they should get a pet cat, what kind of cat they wanted, and what they would name it. Whilst Mari made suggestions like Sunny jr, Bubbles, Jackie and Lily, Sunny had another idea.

"Mewo."

"Huh? What?" Mari looked at her younger brother in confusion. He looked back at her, whispering something that couldn't be heard.

"Oh! That's a strange name suggestion, but we can consider it!" Mari grinned at the tv. "If we got a cat, we promise to take good care of it! We'll feed it, clean its litter box, and give it lots of love. Plus! If we prove that we can care for a pet, it shows that we can be responsible. Mama, daddy, please consider letting us get a cat. Mari clasped her hands together, pouting dramatically with her lower lip hanging out. Sunny simply nodded, before getting up and walking away.

"Huh? The video isn't done yet Sunny.."

Sunny returned with a sketchbook, and turned to a page that depicted a small black cat playing with a toy mouse. The drawing was crude, but adorable. An arrow pointed at the cat, 'Mewo' written beside it.

"Oohhh that drawing you made! Yeah, a black cat would be nice. They're seen as lucky in some cultures, including ours! Isn't that relevant?" Mari cooed.

Sunny shrugged, closing his sketchbook. Mari then signaled for him to stop recording, which took him a few tries before the video ended.

Sunny smiled slightly as he took the tape out. "We named it that so mom and dad would be curious. Really it just got us yelled at. But we got a cat eventually."

"I remember that now, hehe.." Mari smiled. "I got Mewo on my fourteenth birthday. The name you suggested was cute. And it fits her anyway." Mari looked over at Mewo, who was grooming herself near her cat tree.

"That's kinda cute actually." Kel chuckled as tucked the tape in the pile. "We still don't have a movie to watch though."

Hero glanced at the boxes, pointing to a pink one. "Kel pull out the red one. I hope its what I think it is."

Kel carefully picked up the tape, reading the front. It was a Sweetheart film they watched a lot as kids. It was corny and romantic, so they had often made fun of it.

"So you want to watch... this?" Kel rose a brow.

"Gotta problem with that?" Hero jokingly glared at him, resulting in Kel laughing.