Chapter 21: Gordon Ramsey approved pizza

Basil, Aubrey, Sunny and Kel made it back to the house, looking to see Mari and Hero cuddling on the couch as they watched something on tv. Hero glanced at them and smiled a bit, breaking from Mari, who also sat up.

"You guys hungry?" Hero asked.

"Yes!!" Aubrey and Kel said at the same time, Sunny laughing softly with Basil.

Mari and Hero got off of the couch. Mari was still careful because of her knee, but it had become less painful, so she managed to walk fine.

"Can we order from Gino's?" Kel asked excitedly.

"What about our home cooked meals?" Hero chuckled.

"But Hero we haven't had pizza in a while." Kel pouted dramatically, Hero sighing a bit. He glanced at Mari, who nodded at him.

"Okay, what toppings do you guys want?" Hero asked as he pulled out his mobile phone, opening it.

"Cheese is fine.." Sunny whispered.

"Pepperoni and sausage." Aubrey added.

"Um I've been vegetarian for a while, so just plain cheese or spinach is fine." Basil shrugged a bit.

"Ooh we should get a pizza with every single topping they have on it like we did a few years ago." Kel grinned.

"Ew no- Dude you threw up." Aubrey grimaced.

"Well I have a strong stomach now." Kel said with confidence, Aubrey rolling her eyes.

"It's a little too pricy, plus, knowing you, you will get sick." Hero laughed a bit.

Hero ordered the pizzas while the others settled in the living room. Kel laid on the floor, Mewo jumping onto his back. Basil giggled at this, wishing he had brought his camera. Sunny smiled a little, glancing at Aubrey who was trying not to lose her shit as Mewo made biscuits on Kel's back. Once she started using her claws he got startled, and Mari gently grabbed her.

"No more biscuits for today, you've biscuited enough." Mari chuckled.

Kel rubbed his back as he stood up, glad he didn't get any scratches. He now knew why he was a dog person. Hero walked back into the living room, looking at the others.

"So Gino's is closed for renovations, they aren't taking any deliveries until next week."

"NOOOOOOO!" Kel whined dramatically, Sunny snickering a bit.

"I have an idea! Why dont we just buy supplies from Othermart and make a pizza ourselves?" Mari smiled.

"That is a good idea- We can head over real quick."

Hero ushered the others to the door, walking out. The sky had gotten darker, but the sun was still faintly visible behind the misty clouds. The teens made their way to Othermart, wondering what to do first.

"We can split up. Basil and Aubrey, look for tomato sauce or paste and some toppings. Hero and I will look for the actual ingredients for the dough, and Sunny, Kel, you guys are in charge of refreshments." Mari playfully winked at Sunny, his face turning a soft shade of pink. She made them go together on purpose.

Kel and Sunny were left standing in the front of the store, the others already gone to get what they needed.

"Well this isn't hard. Lets go." Kel smiled, gently holding the shorter boy's hand, his face reddening.

The two of them walked to the center of the store where the cold drinks were. There were things like iced coffee, energy drinks, sodas, water and juice. Of course, Kel was quick to grab an Orange joe for himself. Sunny wasn't sure why he liked the strange carbonated orange coffee abomination so much. Sunny grabbed a ginger ale for Basil, a Redbull for Aubrey, a cherry coke for Mari and a sparkling water for Hero. What would he get for himself? He scanned the drinks in the shelf, spotting a can near the bottom. Sunny picked it up, reading the label. The brand was one he didn't recognize, but it seemed to be some sort of soda. He picked up the cherry soda, putting it down as he searched for a different flavor, settling with a pineapple soda. He squinted at the label on the corner of the can, but it had been partially scraped off. He shrugged and closed the door, turning to Kel.

"Ok. What now?" Sunny asked softly.

"I guess we just wait for everyone else to finish up." Kel said as he took two beverages from Sunny's arms, so they each held three.

Aubrey and Basil walked back to where Sunny and Kel were. They had two jars of tomato paste, and various things like sausage, spinach, mushrooms and bacon as toppings.

"I wanted to get some pineapple but Aubrey wouldn't let me." Basil frowned.

"Dude we are not putting pineapple on pizza, its disgusting." Aubrey scoffed.

"But I like the contrast to everything else on the pizza. Its sweet and savory at the same time."

Hero and Mari eventually returned holding shredded cheese, special flour for making breads, baking soda and a dozen eggs. They were running out of them at the house anyway. They all made their way to the checkout, putting their items on the conveyer belt. The girl behind the counter began scanning the items, but once she came across Sunny's drink, she glanced up at them. She stared at Hero and Mari for a few seconds, before scanning the can. Nobody seemed to notice.

Once they all headed back to Sunny and Mari's house, they were quick to start making the dough. While Hero and Mari worked on the dough, the others spreading out the toppings. For the next hour, they decorated the dough, toppings on different sides of the pizza. Once it was fully decked out with sections of different toppings, it was put in the oven. And now, they wait.

Hero and Mari stayed in the kitchen to watch the oven while the others sat in the living room. Sunny sat beside Kel and popped open his can of soda. Kel had already begun drinking his Orange Joe, unsurprisingly enough. Sunny could smell pineapple pretty clearly from the can, but a strange smell lingered in it that he didn't recognize. He took a sip, and was hit by an intense sweet pineapple flavor. It burned his throat slightly, and he felt slightly odd after drinking it. He squinted. What kind of soda was like this? It tasted good, but had a slight aftertaste and tingled his tongue. He took a few more sips anyway, assuming that it was fine. But Kel looked at him funny.

"What?"

"Sunny your face is red... are you okay?"

"U-Uhm..." Sunny placed a hand against his cheek, feeling how hot it was. He looked at the back of the can, freezing once he realized what was in it.

This wasn't just a regular soda. It had alcohol in it. 40% alcohol. No wonder he felt funny. He sighed, resisting the urge to take another swig despite realizing what it really was. The cashier must have assumed Hero and Mari were of age and were buying. Or she didn't care. She seemed to be young. Maybe around Sunny's age.

"This has um... alcohol in it." Sunny mumbled.

"What-." Kel paused, his eyes wide as he smiled nervously.