CHAPTER SEVEN

chapter 7, always

chapter 7, always

you know that amazing feeling you get when the boy you've been pining over so much recently asks you out. yeah the feelings great. until they leave you with absolutely no explanation.

maya sat alone at one of the tables picking at her nails as she stared down at the floor, after peter ran up to her saying he needs to go, she never felt more embarrassed.

"hey maya, you seem to not be enjoying yourself." mj said as she sat down next to her sister.

"yeah, do you want me to punch peter when we see him next." elliot said taking the other seat next to maya.

maya got up quickly grabbing her phone, "i'm gonna go home."

maya laid on her bed on her bed with taylor swift blasting in her ears as she wiped the tears falling from her eyes. maya looked up when she heard a faint knock on her window. she got up off her bed before opening it to reveal peter.

"maya-" peter began before getting cut off by maya shutting the window on him. he opened it himself before she even had the chance to lock it.

"what do you want." she said, turning around to go back to her bed. "you just left me at the dance."

peter pulled himself through mayas window before closing it and slowly sitting next to the upset teen.

he took in her appearance, the red eyes, the mascara running down her face and the messy makeup.

he felt guilty

and ultimately he felt stupid.

he was quiet, looking as she stared at the wall in front of her. he couldn't tell her the reason he left her because he knew it would put her in harms way. "i'm so sorry, maya."

"i know." she mumbled. peter looked at her hoping she'd forgive him right now and understand. "you probably had something important come up and i understand."

"you're important." he whispered, a whisper so quiet maya almost missed it. "i'm sorry."

maya smiled slightly placing her hand on top of his before looking over at him. "i know."

"i'm so sorry i left you tonight and i understand if you never wanna talk to me again." he said, maya saw that his eyes were beginning to water and a tear had fallen. "i'm so so sorry."

"peter." she said, wiping the tear with her thumb. "please stop saying sorry, i understand."

"but i really am sorry maya." peter spoke softly, not quite understanding why the girl sat before him was so forgiving. "i was supposed to be your date to the dance, the one day you've been so excited for since you were little."

maya shook her head slightly as she smiled at him, "you were the perfect date, although you ditched me. better than going with flash."

peter just looked at her in disbelief, "your lying."

"am not." maya spoke laughing slightly. "i would never lie to you, never."

"you really wouldn't?" peter asked, getting in return a nod from the girl. "so you really forgive me."

"yeah i do." maya said before cupping the side of his face.

peter didn't know what to expect next but it definitely wasn't maya pulling him in for a kiss.

as they broke apart after a couple seconds peter stared at her not knowing what to say before she spoke again, "i hope that was okay."

peter looked at her in a daze, "yeah, yeah its okay. not okay, its great. wouldn't mind if it happened again."

maya smiled at him, "okay."

peter was about to say something else before maya grabbed his face again pulling him in for another kiss, peter cupped her face as maya moved her hands onto the back of his neck, deepening the kiss. they kissed for about a minute before pulling away, both out of breath.

"your 100% forgiven parker." maya spoke looking at him with a smirk.

he stared at her going through something all teenage boys go through when a hot person is before them, "uh yeah great."

"i was gonna ask you at the dance but you know you kinda left me." maya said grabbing his hand before looking into his eyes, "would you wanna be my boyfriend."

"i would love to be your boyfriend, always." peter spoke quickly flabbergasted by the question that had been sprung on him. "only if you want to be my girlfriend."

maya moved his hand and placed it on her cheek, "i would love to be your girlfriend, always."

peter smiled at her before quickly pecking her on the lips, "always."

haillie speaks

i just died tbh but like they're togetherrrrrr now

little birthday gift from me