Lockdown | Shuri Udaku

Summary: A threat from the Americans makes Wakanda go on lockdown, especially the palace, which makes you extremely anxious and panicked. Luckily, Shuri's there to calm you down.

*Requested*
---

You were with Shuri in the lab, when both your Kimoyo beads began to chime. You checked and your eyes went wide at the news which was conveyed through.

"The Americans?!" You exclaimed, looking at your girlfriend in shock. "I thought Ross was handling them!"

"Well, apparently not." Shuri scoffed, closing hers as you did the same. "I assume the lockdown will occur in three...two...one..."

'Lockdown Initiated.' GRIOT's voice came through the speakers, and immediately you spiraled.

"Ria..." You nervously said, putting your tools down. "What if the Americans actually attack us?"

Shuri frowned, confused, "As in?"

"What if they do invade. What if they get past out defenses and colonize us?!" You exclaimed, breathing beginning to pick up. "I hate lockdowns, I can't stop thinking about how if we do leave, then we'll be attacked and--"

Shuri came over to your panicking figure and kissed your trembling lips for a moment, bringing you back to reality. She only pulled away when she felt sure that you'd calmed down. She gently stroked your hair and asked, "Better now?"

You nodded and leaned into her embrace, chuckling as she engulfed you in a hug. Her arms tightened around you as she lifted your feet clean off the ground and spun you in a circle. 

"SHURI RAMONDA UDAKU PUT ME DOWN!" You exclaimed, making her laugh. "DON'T LAUGH DAMN IT--" 

She laughed and sighed, "Oh how I love making you squeal." Feeling mischievous all of a sudden, she winked, "In more ways than one." 

"Oh for Bast's sake--" You rolled your eyes, a blush dusting your cheeks. You shoved her gently and turned away, going back to doing the research you needed to do. 

She wrapped her arms around you from behind and peppered gentle kisses across your bare shoulders, making you sigh in mock-annoyance. 

"Yes, my love?" You asked, giggling at the fluttering sensation in  your stomach which arose all of a sudden. 

"Let's go to my room. I want to be in a place where we can't be disturbed." She whispered into your ear, which made you blush. 

"Let's go, then." You grinned, turning around in her arms to kiss her lips. 

In her room, you both lay down on her bed, with you laying between her legs, your back against her front. She was playing with your hair, while you both watched 'Big Bang Theory' on the T.V. She paused her fiddling with your hair for a moment, wanting to see what you'd do. 

"Why'd you stop?!" You whined, looking up at her.

She grinned, "No reason. I just wanted to see what you'd do." She chuckled. 

"Let's swap. I want to play with your hair." You grinned. 

"As you wish, my love." She smiled, kissing the top of your head. 

She promptly let you take her place, and she took yours, and you began to run your hands through her hair gently, feeling the familiar jet black curls with childlike happiness. 

"You know..." Shuri's words made you pause, "I like it when you run your hands through my hair some other way." 

"Ria! You don't have to fluster me every two seconds!" You exclaimed, feeling your cheeks heat up. Her laugh reached your ears like music, as she held your hands in hers. 

"I find it funny, though." She smiled, kissing the back of your hand. 

"You'll get your prize later, after dinner." You kissed her head and let yourself linger there, the smell of her citrus shampoo engulfing your senses. 

She squealed cutely and allowed you to return to playing with her hair, and the rest of the day commenced smoothly, just as you'd like it.

---
I hope you enjoyed it <3 Requests are open!

Comment and vote!

With love and hugs,

Daisy Rose