Overworked | Riri Williams

Summary: You and Riri are married, and she's getting mighty overworked with her latest project. She had promised your kid that she would hang out with him, and you set things right eventually.

Based off something I saw on Tumblr, credits to them <3

A/n: Basically fluff. In this, you and Riri are like, 30, and adopted your son when y'all were like, 27, two years after you guys got married.
——

You were sitting in the dining room, getting your 5-year-old son to finish some homework. He was doing simple addition, and like his mom, he was quick with his math.

"All done, mama!" He grinned, pushing his worksheet towards you. In his slightly untidy handwriting, correct answers littered the page, and you couldn't help but smile proudly at him.

"Well done, baby boy!" You grinned, kissing his nose, earning a laugh from his end.

"Can I go and play now?" He asked, putting his pencil away.

"Yeah, of course," you grinned. "Why don't you go ask mommy if she can play with you?"

"Yes!" He smiled back, leaping off the chair and running off to find Riri.

He entered the workshop to see her working away at a computer, punching in lines and lines of code. He dashed up to her, baseball and mitts in hand, as he asked, "Mommy, mama said that you can play with me, now!"

Frowning, she didn't look at him as she replied, "Now's not a good time, baby, mommy's working."

"But you promised!" He whined, pulling at her grease-stained top.

"Jackson, I just told you that I cannot play right now," she said, moving him away from the sharp things on her table which were within his reach.

Jackson huffed and said, "Ten minutes of catch, please, please?"

You walked over to the workshop, coffee in hand for your wife, when you heard your son begging her to play. Sighing, you pushed the workshop door open.

Walking up to her and wrapping your arms around her waist, you whispered, "You seem overworked, don't you want a break?"

"Come on, babe, I've got to finish this..." she trailed off when you pressed a kiss to her neck, a gentle loving one.

"One game with him," you leaned up to whisper in her ear and added, "Then you can have a few games with me."

Her eyes went wide as she immediately saved her work and grinned at your boy, saying, "Mommy's done with work, so do you wanna play?"

"Yes!" He squealed, running out.

Before leaving, she pressed a kiss to your lips and let her hand trail up your shirt, winking, "I better get my game with you after this..."

You chuckled and pecked her lips, moving her hand from under your shirt reluctantly as you replied, "I never go back on my word."

And much to her pleasure, you didn't.

——
Kill me cause this sucks.