The Basilisk

Minerva sighed as she glanced at Giyuu who was sipping on his tea. His eyes were downcast and he was shifting constantly.

"Giyuu dear are you alright?" She finally asked. He looked up, startled.

"I'm fine, just tired and a bit homesick is all." He responded softly. His gaze was fixated on the petrified students, face ashen.

He didnt have enough mandrake potion to help them all. Not even Hermione. He took a deep shuddering breath.

Minerva sighed and hugged him from the side. "They'll be alright. I know none of us will let them stay this way for long. Have patience and a biscuit Giyuu."

He smiled softly and took the offered treat, finishing off his tea. He stood slowly, an odd feeling washing over him. His eyes widened. 'Harry.'

His body was moving before he could react, leaving Minerva confused. He tan up the stairs to the place his gut guided him to, seeing Harry about to go down an odd slide in the middle of a women's restroom alongside a disgusted Draco.

He quickly grabbed them, making them jump. Harry looked up in slight shock.

"Professor?" He asked. Draco stared wide eyed.

"What the bloody hell are you doing?" He asked in horror.

Harry looked at him, eyes now holding silent pleas. "Ginny is down there hurt! The monster that petrified everyone took her! Please we have to get her back!"

Giyuu's eyes hardened. "Find Professor Snape. And the headmaster. Tell the headmaster to send his Phoenix with some sort of long range weapon."

Harry nodded and the two scampered off, Giyuu turning and going down the slide. He stpped over a pile of bones, eyes narrowed. He leaned down and picked up a scale, examining it. Definitely a type of magical snake breed.

He began to creep through the cavern before he found a second door. It didnt budge but he remembered the myths of the chamber of secrets.

"Open." He hissed, seeing it immediately follow his will and drop. He walked inside and spotted a statue of Salazar, making him sweatdrop. His body went rigid as he saw Ginny, the sweet little first year he'd seen training the night before.

She was pale as a ghost, laying on her back while her breaths were shallow. He ran over quickly, checking her pulse to see how strong it was. He checked her temperature and began to place magical dealings on her to prevent any magic from leaking anymore.

He heard a slight chuckled and threw a knife at the sound, it zooming straight through the body of a young man in slytherin robes. The boy looked startled before Giyuu just grabbed Ginny and bolted.

He heard the boy hiss and a stone grinding sound made him pick up speed. He got behind the door and propped Ginny up against the wall, tying something around his eyes.

Based on the snake scales, the petrfication and the location, this was a basilisk. One look and he'd be dead. He gripped his sword and walked back inside,closing the door behind him as Ginny awoke now that her magic wasn't being siphoned off of.

Giyuu using his hearing and felt the vibrations in the air to tell him where the snake was. He paused as he felt it stop moving a tilt it's head.

"Master..... you have returned for me?" The snake asked softly, nudging his hand.

"Master? I am your master?" He asked while he started to stoke the snake's head. The snake nodded softly.

"You may open your eyes. As my master, I cannot harm you." Giyuu opened his eyes, seeing the snake with a mouthful of needle like teeth and dark grey spiky scales. The beautiful purple eyes glimmered.

He smiled softly before glaring into the darkness. "Why don't we go take care of that pest who used you?" He asked with a dark chuckle.

The snake hissed out a laugh and followed beside him. He snickered as the snake slid ahead, the scream of the young man echoing soon after. The snake slid out and dropped a small black book with a hole in the front.

"He is dead, Master." Giyuu scratched the snake's chin.

"Thank you. Now then. What is your name? And your gender? There was never a specified way to determine a basilisk's gender." The snake chuckled.

"I am a female and my name is Morgana." Giyuu hummed happily.

"Thank you. I must go now to help my student. I will retrieve you in two days to take to my manor. Please leave the students be alright?" He asked. The snake nodded and slithered off.

Giyuu exhaled in relief and opened the door, seeing Ginny rubbing her head. Giyuu looked up the slide and frowned. Ni way they could go up that, it was too slippery.

The caw of a bird startled the two as a Phoenix dropped down, a bow strapped to it's back. The bird looked around in confusion.

Giyuu chuckled. "I already handled the situation. May you please bring us out? The slide is too slippery."

The bird nodded and Giyuu picked up Ginny, seeing her legs trembling from exhaustion. The Phoenix lifted them up and out the slid entrance, dropping them in front of the other teachers.

Dumbledore grabbed Ginny, checking her over with a frown. He glared at Giyuu. "How could you let her get hurt?"

Giyuu froze. "Excuse me? I let her get hurt? YOU PLANNED TO JUST LEAVE HER!" He snapped. The girl was still delusional so she just looked around in confusion.

Minerva quickly scooped her up with surprising strength and speed walked her out alongside Pomona and Flitwick. Dumbledore sighed.

"It was all for the greater good-" Giyuu slapped him. Hard. His head jerked back as Severus raised both eyebrows, eyes widening in shock.

"Greater good or not, that is the life of an innocent eleven year old girl who has hardly been allowed to use the steel swords. She can't do a breathing style, advanced magic or even shields yet! Had she died, I would have killed you." He snapped, storming out of the bathroom.