Chapter 1: The Chicken Noodle Soup

It is 8:30 pm when Jungkook is finally making himself some dinner. He opened the window that was in front of his stove to let in some cool air. The sun had already set about an hour ago and the sky was completely clear; the stars lit up the entire sky. Jungkook could not help but smile while he took a look out the window periodically stirring the pot lightly with a wooden spoon. He began to think about how nice it was to be able to relax at home after a long day at dance practice.

He closed his eyes and took in a large breath of fresh air just trying to savour the moment. He opened his eyes to stir his soup and suddenly an awful feeling immediately hit him, he looked at the soup and realised that he made a fatal error, he completely forgot to put celery in the pot.

For most people this would not really be a problem but he knew that his best friend Jimin would be over in a few days and he loves Jungkook's chicken noodle soup and he wanted it to be perfect for him.

"How could I possibly forget to put celery in the soup!" Jungkook yells while rushing to the fridge to fetch some to quickly add to the soup. He swings open the fridge and opens the bottom door that he keeps all of his produce in. His stomach drops when he has finished sifting through all the fruits and vegetables and is unable to recover any celery. He turns to the clock that was in bright red text on the front of his microwave and he decides that he might still have enough time.

He murmurs to himself, "I just might be able to make it before closing time". Quickly, Jungkook turns off the burner, gets his shoes on, rushes down the hallway of his flat, and slams his door on the way out.

Once he is out onto the sidewalk he knows that for him to make it to the store before it closes he must not mess about and get directly to his destination. Jungkook runs towards the shop that is only a few blocks away making sure to avoid any other people that are also using the path. Bright lights from cars and buses pass him by as he runs and he thinks about how foreign this city once felt to him just months prior.

He can see the sign for his closest neighbourhood market just over a block away and he continues to move his legs rhythmically in the hopes that he will get there before it is too late. As he is running, something blue on the side of the path up ahead catches his eye and he turns his head to look over at it. As he gets closer it becomes more clear; it appears to be a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos, just sitting there on the very edge of the sidewalk.

As he begins to ponder about why the chips are there Jungkook runs into someone because he was not paying attention and they both crash to the ground.

"Watch where you are going!" he hears what sounds to be a young lady shouting at him, "You ruined my dress!" she continues as she begins sobbing.

"I can pay for it, Miss." He says as he lifts himself from the ground. He takes a glimpse at the lady he just ran into. She looks to be in her early twenties, quite a bit younger than him, but she is sobbing profusely. She is kneeling a puddle of dirty water, most likely a result of the rain that had occurred earlier that afternoon.

The lady looks him dead in the eyes and opens her mouth wide, "Well it is YOUR fault after all! It is the least that you could do considering the situation!" she screams, at what at least seems like might be the top of her lungs.

"Okay then Miss, " Jungkook begins as he gets back on his feet, "how much do I owe you. I could pay you in cash right now. I could even pay double to make it up to you." He reaches out his hand to offer her some help to stand up. Jungkook could not help but feel like he heard laughter as he made this gesture but he was positive that it was not the girl that produced the noise but considering that nobody else seemed to be nearby he just let it go.

The young woman looked up at him and took a deep breath before reaching for his hand. As Jungkook helped her up she told him, "I am sorry sir, but I do not think you understand how expensive this dress is. Unless you have $10,000 I do not think that you will be able to pay for it let alone double that." She gave him a slight glare and had an air of attitude as she spoke to him. He found it to be quite patronising the way that she spoke to him but he is not a stranger to people that do not know who he is despite his fame.

"Miss, " He begins to say in a calm and soothing tone. He reaches his hand into the small stack of cards in the back of his pocket and slips one out. "I think that you will find that I am more than capable of paying for your dress. If you contact my manager, he will be able to transfer the money and pay for the damages that I have caused you." he continued.

He offers her the business card and she quickly grabs the card and reads the name on the very top. A look of amazement floods her face and that expression is quickly followed by a horrified and shameful look.

"I had no idea sir, " she stammered, "I am so sorry I have been so disrespectful to someone as important as you." She bows her head as she apologises profusely. The remorse in her voice is nearly enough to bring Jungkook to tears.

"It's no problem," He says politely, "may we put this conflict behind us? I have some errands to run and I do not have much more time. All the information you need is on the card okay." A smile creeps onto his face as he finishes his sentence. The young woman nods her head and Jungkook turns to head towards the market so he can finally get the last ingredient of his soup.

As he begins walking once more he scans the ground looking at the blue bag but it is nowhere to be seen. Feeling defeated he picks up the pace so that he makes it to the shop before it closes. Something in him is hurt that he was not able to find the blue bag anymore but he just tries to shake the feeling.

As he approaches the store front he sees that the store lights are still on so he walks into the store and heads straight towards the produce section. Jungkook quickly grabs some celery and hurries to the cashier to buy it. It has been a long day and all he needs is some hot chicken noodle soup to fill his grumbling stomach.