Chapter 5: The Party

The sun shines through the leaves of the trees as he walks down the sidewalk and the warmth from the sun kisses his skin. The light breeze keeps the air cool and fresh easily passing through the fabric of his shirt. Jungkook was on his way to the city center so that he can buy a gift for his friend V's birthday party that he would be attending later that day.

He spent all morning and afternoon at practice but he still had a couple of hours before the party so he could still get a last minute gift. Jungkook had not meant to forget to buy the gift, V and him were very close friends and group members after all, but all of the stress from work and his relationship, could he even call it that, with Cool Ranch Doritos his been occupying his mind.

Jungkook is pulled out of his thought and daydreaming when his phone beings to buzz in his pocket. No matter how hard he tries, every time his phone goes off his heart flutters hoping that it is Cool Ranch but once again he slips his phone out of his pocket and reveals Jimin's name on the screen. He slides his finger across the bottom and accepts the call.

"Jungkook!", he starts in a frantic tone, "I did not buy a gift for V's party yet! What should I do? I am such a bad friend!"

Jungkook cuts him off by replying, "If you are a bad friend then I must be one too since I am on my way to buy a last minute gift as we speak."

Light laughs slip between his words as he thinks about how sensitive Jimin is.

"I could pick up a gift for you if you would like since I am going to the city center?" he suggests.

"Or..." Jimin suggests, "I could drive over there and we can shop together!"

Jimin sounds so excited that he does not even bother to attempt to convince him that it is not as efficient or necessary. Besides, Jimin can drive and he would be there around the same time as him anyways.

"I'll see you when I get there.", Jungkook says with a cheery tone, "Bye bye!"

"Bye!" Jimin relies before hanging up the phone. Jungkook can practically hear the massive grin that is most definitely on his face.

He slips his phone back into the front pocket of his jeans as he looks into the air. The bright blue sky is bare except for the sun and a single cloud. As he studies the cloud a little more he notices that it is shaped like a nearly perfect heart. Jungkook thinks to himself, the rest of today is going to be a great day.

As he arrives at the city center, he spots Jimin sitting on a small bend beneath the shelter of a large oak tree, his face buried in his phone

As he arrives at the city center, he spots Jimin sitting on a small bend beneath the shelter of a large oak tree, his face buried in his phone. As he approaches, Jimins head pops up and his face lights up.

"You are finally here!" Jimin yells before getting up to embrace him in a warm hug.

"Jimin, you are acting like we didn't spend all day together at practice." he says while hugging him back.

"I know," he replies while slowly releasing from Jungkook, "It is just that I am happy to see you. I really thought that I would have to find a gift on my own."