Chapter 2: The Mall Trip

The sun is peeking through Jungkook's bedroom window and shines directly across his face. He is laying flat on his back as his eyes flutter open and he starts rustling around under his sheets. He tries to stay under all of his warm blankets as long as he can but after a while, he realises that he needs to get up.

"What time is it?" Jungkook murmurs aloud. He reaches towards his bedside table and picks up his phone. The screen of his phone lights up and he gets the answer to his question; it is 7:30. As he is looking at the time he also receives a text message from his best friend Jimin.

Jimin :)

hey, i was just wondering if you still wanted me to come over at 8?

He had completely forgotten that Jimin was planning on coming over to hang out today. His mind was still a bit foggy after what he saw, or at least what he was pretty sure he had seen the night before. Jungkook's mind began to race about the events of the night before and for some odd reason, his heart started fluttering as he replayed the events in his head. Quickly, he snapped out of his daydreaming and responded to Jimin's text.

Jungkook

yeah, but maybe can you come over at like 9 because i just woke up...

Jimin :)

DUDE you always sleep in!

i have no clue how you are able to keep up with work if you don't even practice on the weekends

like honestly it's kind of impressive

Jungkook smiles to himself as the messages roll in. Jimin has always been such a hard-working person and he loves to get on his back for not putting in the same effort while still getting the same results.

Jungkook

well Jimin, i am just amazing

i can't help it

so ill see you at 9 then?

After a few minutes, Jungkook finally gets a response.

Jimin :)

fine lol

Jungkook slowly pulled the comforter off of himself and got onto his feet. He stretched his arms out towards the ceiling and headed for the bathroom. He made some mental notes on the things that he had planned for the day.

Since the boys only have one day off a week due to their busy schedules, Jungkook tries to always have some plans with at least one of his friends. Earlier that week Jimin suggested that they hang out and go shopping. Jungkook wanted to buy a new cd so he thought it would be fun to go shopping with him.

He hurries while he gets ready because he wanted to make some fresh buns to go with the soup that he made the night prior. He knows how happy Jimin will be to have some fresh food before they go shopping so he is determined to make it just right.

Right as Jungkook is pulling the buns out of the oven he hears a knock on the front door. He hurries to set the pan on the counter and removes his oven mitts. He opens the door to see Jimin smiling and ready to greet him.

"I thought that you would never open the door dude!" he says while laughing. He tilts his nose in the air as Jungkook welcomes him into his home. "Did you..." Jimin stammers.

"I wanted to surprise you." he replies. Jungkook followed him down the hall as Jimin hurried to the kitchen so he could see the buns. Once they enter the room and Jimin starts reaching for the buns, Jungkook moves to the left of him in front of the stove. Jimin looks over to see what his friend is up to.

"Can you believe that it gets better!" Jungkook says as he grabs the lid of the only pot that is on top of the burners. Jimin's face lights up even more as the chicken noodle soup is revealed in the pan. Jimin's mouth begins to water as he looks at the delicious food that Jungkook has made for them.

"The soup is leftovers from last night but it should still taste good." Jungkook warns him. Jimin pulls him into a big warm hug.

"Thank you so much Jungkook this is perfect!" he exclaimed.

After the boys finish eating lunch they decide that it is finally time to go shopping.

"There is a mall nearby that we can go to." Jungkook suggests while he puts his jacket on.

"Yeah, that sounds fine."

The two boys gather their stuff and head out the door.

While the boys are on the train they are completely silent, not an awkward silence, it was just the comfortable kind of silence that only very close people can have. While Jungkook is looking out the window and watching the world go by he begins to randomly think about the blue thing that he saw early once more. He tried not to think about it because he was certain that he either imagined it or that he would never see it again.

The train stops and the two men exit and head down the block to get to the mall. The city is always so much fun to go to because there are so many things that you can do. The best part though is that there are so many people and everyone is having so much fun that nobody has the time to recognise him.

While they are able to avoid a lot of attention in general because they all live in New York now instead of their home country, they still get mobbed sometimes unless they are in the larger cities. It has been nice to finally get more of a break from all of the stress that comes with being a Korean idol.

Of course, they are not living here permanently but since they have been doing a world tour for the past year it makes more sense for them to have homes in the United States. RM still complains about the early morning flights that they tend to have so they can get to event centers across the country in time for their concerts. He is going to treasure these last few months the most that he can.

Jimin looks over at Jungkook before he begins asking "What are you looking to buy?".

"Well, I was really hoping to get a copy of Born Pink since I like the tracks on the album." He explains.

"Sure that's the reason you are looking out for a Black Pink album." Jimin says with a smirk.

Since last year everyone has been giving him a hard time about the dating rumours that surround him. He has read article upon article discussing relationships that he is supposedly in with fellow idols the most notable of which is the belief that he is in a relationship with Black Pink's Lisa. While all of his friends know that it is untrue they still love to tease him.

"Come on dude it's really not that funny." Jungkook mumbles at him causing Jimin to giggle a bit to himself.

Finally, they are at the entrance of the mall. They do not usually go to the mall because it can be a great place to draw attention to themselves but today they just want to have some fun. As they walk through the big glass doors that separate the shops from the rest of the world Jungkook immediately notices a sign for a new shop and the logo next to it has a large cd on it.

"Hey, Jimin can we go to the music shop right over there first." He suggests but he turns to his side to see his friend in line for a rolled ice cream bar a few feet away.

"Oh no," he replies, "you can go on ahead. I don't really want to go and it will give you something to do while I am in line."

"Okay then meet me in the shop when you've gotten your sweets." Jungkook tells him as he starts heading to the shop flashing him a big smile as he leaves. When he turns his head around to look at the shop again he sees something blue through the window and his heart begins to race.

Jungkook thinks to himself 'there is no way that could be what I saw on the sidewalk' but he cannot help but wonder as he continues walking nearer.