Chapter/Part 1

If you chant “Happy Unicorn” 5 times past 2:30 AM, You will experience the scariest moment of your life…

The Happy Unicorn

 It was at 8:00 AM When my sister woke me up. On a saturday!! “John! Wake up!” She said, “Go away Charlie.” I said in response. “It’s Saturday. Let me sleep.” “But Your friend is here!” -sigh- “He never wakes up at 8. Now let me sleep. Little did I know.. It was near. Then I heard noises from my closet.. Scratching.. And screeching noises.. I got up and slowly approached the door. Then I swiftly twisted the handle and opened the door.. And I jumped back in fear.. It was there.. “HA HA!!”  It was my friend Jack wearing a mask.. “You should have seen your face!!” He chuckled. He was holding a Unicorn mask.. But not any ordinary Unicorn mask.. It was a pink unicorn. It looked innocent at first glance.. But It now looked like anything else but. It had two horns.. One of them was very broken.. The other, just barely. It had demonic red and orange eyes, Its lower jaw had Anglerfish-like teeth. Its teeth had a slight red tint. The teeth look like they curved into some sort of smile.. I tried to grab it from him but he was too quick. A made a quick angry glance at him. Then, I left the room. “Hey, It wasn’t that bad,'' he said as he tried to catch up to me. “But still, you know, I hate that mask. It’s the reason I don’t like unicorns.”  “Well It’s the only thing that can scare you”. “Also what happened to the unicorn plush I gave you a few months ago?” He asked. I start grinning as I say, “I burned it.” I proudly say. He sighs. “This is going too far John..”  “You Know I hate unicorns!” “That’s why on every single birthday or christmas I have, you give me at least 3 Unicorns. On purpose. I mean, why not a wolf plush, or a bear, or even a Salmon. Why a Unicorn out of all things? I mean A UNICORN?? A FREAKING HORNED HORSE?!” I said angrily. “They could poke you with their horn..” He sighed. “Well I’ll probably never get over it..” I said. “Too bad I’m not afraid of the dark or of heights or of the water. Those are easy to get over. Compared to a horned horse”.