22. The beginning

[TW/W]

[TW/W]

.

Christmas Day.

After the doctors had ruled out any brain injury, we were happy to bring her home. A really white Christmas had even begun to fall while travelling from Providence to Newport.

Lisa would spend a couple of days with us before joining the tour in London to begin the European leg. This was stolen time, therefore I wouldn't allow myself to be upset about her leaving just yet.

We gathered with Bea around the tree on Christmas Eve and assisted her in opening her gifts. I waited till last to open the tiny box Lisa had previously mailed. When we arrived there, Lisa watched me rip open the tape and took off the copious amount of bubble wrap as I did so nervously.

A little wooden guitar was within, and it was positioned vertically atop a cylindrical base. Additionally, the bottom opened and could be used to store tiny items. An intricately painted black and yellow bumblebee was perched on the instrument. It was created to appear as though the bee had just touched down on the instrument. I gave it to Lisa, who wound the bottom. A song that I wasn't familiar with started to gently revolve around the guitar.

She said, "I have a friend name Justin Henderson, who makes custom music boxes back in New York. I requested Justin to create one for her, our Bea. The bee stands for the fact that she is constantly by my side, wherever I am."

I was so deeply moved that I paid close attention to the song, but even after many seconds of listening, I couldn't recognize it. "Which song is that? It's amazing."

"I'm writing something, and this is the melody. It might be programmed into the box by Justin. The lyrics, though, are still something I'm working on."

"That is freaking fantastic. You could not have gotten her a more considerate present than this and you got some cool friends. Seems like everyone loves you."

"It's merely something to help me feel as though I'm with her even when I'm not, and yeah I'm thankful for them." Bea watched the guitar spin hypnotically as Lisa stared down at Bea. "What do you get for someone you can never repay...for all she's taught you, all she's given you?" Lisa regarded for a while before asking.