"I love you"

Description:
About feelings and loneliness. About the past and the present. That you need to look for strength in yourself and move on.
___________________________________

Late evening. It's already dark and cold. All you hear is the sound of cars passing by. The noise of the city fascinates, takes you to some unusual separate world, full of peace, tranquility and silence. The windows of someone's apartments are still on fire. Probably someone can't sleep.

In the semi-darkness of the room, only one dimly burning candle can be seen. This small candle is the only thing that soothes the restless soul now sitting in front of her. Next to it is a mug of cold green tea. It's been cold for a long time, about as long as the lights didn't turn on here. Goosebumps passed almost weightlessly over her skin as a light breeze blew through the thin fabric on the window. Knotting the tulle, it seemed to play with it, amused itself, riveting an absent-minded glance to itself.

You couldn't tell in the dark, but the eyes were green like emeralds. They moved from one object to another, getting used to this darkness. Intrusive thoughts pop up in her head. Absolute silence rings in the ears, reverberating somewhere deep, disturbing the wonderful state of peace.

Hands went up to the head, touched the face near the forehead.

Perhaps calm music could help to cope with such a state, but she did not want to turn it on. She would be distracted. From what? From the thoughts with which the unfortunate brain punished itself for what it had done in the past. For what it subjected the body and mind to. For suffering so much. It blamed itself. It's even comical. But in the body it is alone, so the brain is the master.

The door swung open, letting a thick beam of light into the room.

"What are you doing here in the dark?" asked someone who opened the door.

"I'm thinking," came the reply.

"Come with me."

It was an invitation. Without answering, the silhouette got up from the floor and, taking with it the still burning candle, followed the voice. And the voice went up the stairs in the corridor straight to the roof.

A strong gust of wind hit her face, cutting off her breath for a split second. The next moment she was able to take a deep breath. The air here was fresher than inside. Right next to the edge lay what looked like a blanket, around which were several small white candles that had already been lit.

"Sit down," the place where it was proposed to sit was indicated with a palm.

With a barely perceptible smile, the dark silhouette appeared to be sitting on the bedspread, turning its head towards the enchanting view that opened from such an impressive height.

The lights of the city illuminated it beautifully even at night.

"Beautiful," a soft voice said.

The voice belonged to a young girl. She sat cross-legged and watched what her companion was about to do. But he didn't do anything. He just looked into the distance, looked at the bright lights and luminous signs.

"Why did you drag me out of the apartment?" she asked, turning away again to enjoy the coolness with her eyes closed.

"I do not know. I wanted to be with you," the guy replied.

"We could be together in the apartment," the girl answered a little annoyed.

She was not very happy about the unexpected walk to the roof.

"Yes, we could. You're comfortable here, aren't you?"

"Right. I feel comfortable wherever you are."

Now her smile widened and she turned to look her green eyes into his beautiful brown eyes. They sparkled like a rainbow in the dim moonlight.

The girl moved a little closer to the guy and sat sideways. Now they are both looking in the same direction.

"You love rooftops," he said.

"I love them. I love you too," she replied without taking her eyes off the car that drove right below.

"Why?"

There was no answer to this question in her head. However, it was impossible to find an answer to this question at all. After all, if people knew why they love, they could control it.

"Why?" the question was repeated.

"I dont know."

The girl lowered her head.

"I feel lonely."

The guy turned and looked at her with a look full of love and compassion.

"I know. I know. I'm really sorry."

He repented, and they both understood why.

In fact, no guy was at that moment on the roof.

And he did not open the door to the apartment. The girl, unable to let go, created an image of him in her head. The brain tried in vain to make this haze disappear, but it was too painful.

He died. Tragically died. But all this time he lived in the heart and head of a girl who loved him for free. I loved with all my heart, but could not save.

Salty tears ran down her cheeks. Despair rushed out from within a tired body. It released with a loud scream. Cry of grief, pain.

"Please, forgive me," the guy tightly wrapped his arms around the girl's waist, preventing her from getting up and going straight to the end of the roof, "I won't let you do that. You must live!"

Of course, the girl held herself back. But damn, how she longed to finally meet him. Meet where they both would be fine.

"Okay..."

After that, in complete silence, the girl folded the bedspread, blew out the candles and left the roof.

The moon, bright and twinkling, with its girlfriends the stars shone in the sky, diligently illuminated the world full of unfortunate people. The next morning the warm sun came out, returning joy and happiness after a night of sadness.

This roof has remained her favorite place. And all because here for the first time they said "I love you" to each other...