Together

Description:
At midnight, the Universe will decide if you are meant for each other... What if you were wrong?
___________________________________

A large palm slowly slid over the velvet skin, making it goosebumps. The fabric of the dress is slightly shifted, revealing more of the body and giving the eyes something to catch on.

One heavy breath. After another one. A sharp metallic coolness was felt on the thigh, passing like a hurricane through the body from the bottom up. Deep ragged breath. Exhale directly into wet lips. Tongues intertwined in a passionate dance that ends only to start again. It gets stuffy, but it does not attract attention. In her eyes, his muscular body, hidden under a blue translucent T-shirt, looking up, she meets his satisfied smile. With a slight nod, the girl gives the green light.

"You're amazing, Brooke," Bucky whispers softly into the girl's ear.

Gently moving his metal hand, the man touches the heated body.

"I love you, James," Brooke whispers.

She wraps both arms around his neck, pulling him into another passionate deep kiss. He gives in, running his tongue into her mouth, exploring everything there as if for the first time.

Separated, they cannot catch their breath. They are drawn to each other like a magnet. No, none of them wanted to turn this night into something indecent and vulgar. Quite the contrary, this night was the most sensual and tender. Brooke remained lying in the man's arms with her back to him, and he held her tightly between his arms, afraid to let go.

There was a clock on the wall, the minute hand was about to complete the circle and stop at the number 12, marking midnight.

"What if we're wrong?" asks the girl, continuing to look at the wall.

"Then we'll both disappear. But we will be together, as we should. I don't care about this soulmate bullshit, you're meant for me. I love you, Brooke," Barnes says gently, hugging the girl even tighter.

Just a few seconds left...

The minute hand stopped right in the same place as the hour hand. It's midnight. Brooke closed her eyes, not wanting to see what would happen next.

But absolutely nothing happened. She is still lying on the bed with the man she loves more than life, in his arms, he kisses the top of her head and smiles probably his most beautiful and charming smile. And then Brook smiles too, opening his eyes and turning around.

"We made no mistake," he says.

"You're right. We are still here. Together."

As they should be. Together.

"Their destinies were written so that they would definitely meet. It didn't matter that at first everything didn't work out at all. It didn't matter that Bucky was rude and Brooke was stubborn, and even despite the persuasion of mutual friends, they did not want to find a common language. In the depths of their souls, everyone understood the connection that was formed in the very first second of their meeting, along with the first glance, a sigh.

While the others were crazy about searching for their soulmate, they didn't give it a second thought. They were ready to live alone, apart from each other.

And it was they who were lucky enough to find the meaning of life in each other that night. On the night when couples whose fates are closely intertwined stay here, and the rest disappear. On the night of July 21, a hot summer night. And none of them liked summer."

A kind old woman was telling this beautiful love story to a little girl sitting at her feet on a soft carpet and listening to her attentively.
She looked away dreamily, as if she were thinking about what she had heard from her grandmother.

"Is it really true, grandma?" asked the girl. Her clear blue eyes reflected the light from the window.

"Of course, my dear. This is the real truth, you can ask your grandfather."

At that moment, an elderly man entered the room and sank into a chair next to the old woman. Instead of a left hand, he had a metal one.

"You don't believe that it really happened, little one?" he asked.

"Yes, grandfather, it doesn't happen either. Grandmother came up with this fairy tale so that I would go to bed as soon as possible."

Laughing softly, the man got up, took his granddaughter by the hand when she got up, and led her into the room, and then put her to bed, kissing her on the forehead.

"You are right, our grandmother is a great storyteller."

"Together for life, James," Brooke said softly, rocking back in her chair.

"Together," Bucky repeated, "for the rest of our long lives."