Chapter 2

*Present day*
*Celine POV*

The sound of my phone alarm blared throughout the whole room, stirring me awake from my sleep. I opened my eyes and only saw my vision sunken and with a very hazy sight. It didn't surprise me since I've been living like this for 2 years.

I sat up straight and stretched my arms. My hands reached the bedside table and it wandered around to find the small rectangular box.

After some time, I felt the object in my fingertip. I went to the left side of the phone and pressed where the button was supposed to be.

Once it stopped. I made my way to the table in front of my bed for the clothes that Prisha prepared yesterday. Then I made my way to the bathroom.

Once I was done showering, I carefully walked straight to the door. I felt the cold, metal ball in my palm and I twisted it open. Before I could make it outside, I accidentally tripped on something which made me lose my balance.

I yelped but luckily a pair of arms caught me before I could fall. "Thanks Prisha." I said to the blurry figure in front of me.

"No worries. After all, saving people is my job and we really need to get rid of that threshold." She said, the threshold is the one thing in this apartment that I always trip on.

Prisha is my roommate and best friend. We met each other when I got admitted to the hospital she works at as a nurse, 2 years ago. She is honestly my lifesaver.

*Flashback 2 years ago*

The sound of a loud beeping rang into my ear. The cold air hit my skin which made me form tiny bumps all over. I opened my eyes but instead of seeing bright colors, I only saw pitch black. I blink once then twice but still nothing.

I reached my hand to my face and felt some sort of rough fabric covering my eyes. The fabric went around my head in a thick layer. "Hello." I called out to the-I guess the empty room.

I didn't hear anything except my echoes filling the whole room. "Hello!" I called out louder this time but still no answers.

"HELLO ANYBODY!" I yelled out this time, getting more uneasy after every second.

I heard the door opening in front of me. I sighed in relief because my voice was finally heard. "You're finally awake. I'm nurse Prisha." She greeted me. "How are you feeling?" She asked me.

"Where am I and what happened to me?" I asked, ignoring her first question. I turned my head aimlessly, as if I could see.

"You're at the Guardian Unity Hospital. It's 14:05. 2 days ago, you got into a bad accident. You were brought to the hospital in an unconscious state. You suffered from a brain trauma with some bruises and scratches." She explained.
I nodded.

"Can you get this bandage off me? It's getting uncomfortable." I asked.

"Ok. I'll find the doctor and ask if she could get it off you. Don't worry I'll be right back." She said, I heard her footsteps getting further and heard the door opening then closing.

For 10 minutes, I sat in the empty room. The loud beeping in my left is the only thing I can hear. Finally, I heard the door opening and footsteps coming in.

"Hello Celine, My name is Dr Teresa." She greeted me. "How are you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm fine except for the fact that I can't see and the bandage is making my head uncomfortable." I replied.

"You uhh suffered from minor bruises and scratches all over your face, hence the bandages wrapped around your head." She stammered.

"Doctor, I graduated with a nursing degree. Even when you have minor bruises and scratches, it is not necessary to put this much bandage on something minor." I explained.