Chapter 4

*Third Person POV*

The pressure building up against the pedal he is forcing on builds up an almost excruciating pain as he focuses on the engine in front of him. The adrenaline rushed to his veins, the sweat forming in his palms and fingertips made the steering wheel slippery.

"Come on, come on, come on." He muttered under his breath.

He built up more pressure against the pedal. The force made him go twice the speed than the original which made him go beside the car in a matter of seconds.

He bumped his car to the other which unfortunately made him lose control of the car and swerve in circles.

"No no no no!" He exclaimed. The car stopped swerving because it unfortunately crashed into the wall which made the car lose a tire.

"Crash. You are unable to move." The big computer screen loudly said.

"Shit!" He cursed while hitting the steering wheel. He leaned his head back to the chair and let out a frustrating groan.

He felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up and saw his driving partner. "Nice try, mate." He said while handing him a water bottle.

"Thanks Lewis." He thanked him.

"George, you have to slow down next time and take your time. Intercept him when you're at a turn." Lewis advised.

"Yeah I know, it's just that the adrenaline got to me." George made an excuse.

"So we got 4 weeks off before we start the race in Belgium. Where are you going for your break?" Lewis asked.

George was about to speak but was cut off. "Wait, let me guess." Lewis cut off. He put a finger in his mouth.

"Ibiza?" George shook his head 'no'.

"No! Ummm Bali?" George shook his head again.

"Umm oh! You're going to Monaco and planning to live there." Lewis suggested.

"Well I am thinking of it but not now. Although you got it wrong." He said.

"Ughhh then what?" He groaned while scratching his head. George opened his mouth again but he didn't get a chance to get a word out.

"Oh you're going to relax in the sun in Santorini." He guessed again.

"No." George bluntly said.

"What?" Lewis exclaimed in shock. This was the first time he saw George like this. "I listed off all the places you could go for your break and those never cross your mind at all."

George shrugged. "I'm going to Milton Keynes actually."

Lewis put on a confused look on his face. He grabbed George's face and started tilting his head around. "Are you ok? Did the adrenaline pop one of your nerves?" He asked in concern.

George moved his face from his hand. "I'm fine Lewis. I'm going there because I want to visit my old teammates." He reasoned. And her.

"Wow this is the first time I hear you not wanting to go on a fancy vacation and go back to your first town." Lewis said in an amusing voice.

George laughed. "At least I'm going somewhere instead of staying home with my dog." He retorted while walking away.

Lewis took offense in that. "Well unlike you, I have someone to talk to. So that way I won't be lonely like you. And by the way his name is Roscoe." He said to the distance figure.

Lewis heard a bark beside him and saw Roscoe coming towards him. "Hey buddy." He greeted while giving him belly rubs.

"LEWIS!" He heard Toto shout from his office. "YOUR DOG PISSED AT MY OFFICE AGAIN." Toto shouted.