Chapter 3

*Third Person POV*

"999 emergency service. How may I be of service today?"

The line was silent before someone was breathing rapidly as if they were hyperventilating. "Hello, is anyone there?" She asked.

"Hello I would like to order two pepperoni pizzas please?" The lady said rapidly.

"Ma'am I'm afraid you got the wrong number. This is emergency services not a Pizza place." Celine explained calmly.

"No, this is the right place. I'm sure of it." She stammered. "The address, sure. It's Wembrook Apartment, floor 3, room 309. Please hurry." She said with a scared tone lingering in her voice. This was her only chance of getting out.

Celine took notice of this and decided to play along. "Ma'am are you calling secretly because there is a dangerous presence with you right now?" Celine asked. She typed in the address on her keyboard.

"Yes yes that's correct." She said panicky with a glint of hope in her voice. Finally someone took notice of it.

"Alright can I at least have your name?" Celine asked.

"Pamela. Pamela Hanclark." She said rapidly. 

"Ok Pamela, is the person with you armed with a weapon?" Celine asked again.

"Yes." She answered short. Pamela looked at the gun on the counter beside her. A wave of fear washed over her as she thought of the person in front of her, who was watching Football on the television, doing awful things.

"Do you have any sort of history with this person?" Celine asked.

"Yes." She managed to let out

Celine paused the call and took her mic away from her mouth. "Amy, I need you to run a background scan on someone named Pamela Hanclark. Find someone that was with her that has been arrested for domestic assault, firearm possession or misdemeanor." She explained.

"On it." She heard Amy said.

Celine readjusted her mic and continued the call. "Pamela, are you still there?" Celine asked.

"Yes." She said in relief. She thought she got disconnected because she couldn't hear her just now. 

"Ok I just want to ask how many people are there including you?" Celine asked.

"Would a medium size be enough for two people?" Pamela hinted.

"Oi!" The person exclaimed beside Pamela. "I said I wanted large. You dumb or something." He said with his deep and scary voice. Pamela flinched at him

Meanwhile at the call center, Celine felt a tap on her shoulder. "I found a match. Owen Rickland. Dated Pamela for 4 years. He was sentenced to 3 years in jail after Pamela reported him to the police for domestic abuse. Just got released 2 weeks ago." Amy explained.

"Pamela is his name Owen Rickland?" Celine asked.

"Yes." 

"Ok  Pamela, I'm gonna hold the call for a while. I'll be right back." Celine reassured her. 

"Ok please hurry." Pamela said with her voice cracking a bit.

Celine paused the call and called the services. "All units. There is a hostage situation at Wembrook Apartment, floor 3, room 309. Please be advised that the suspect is armed with a firearm. The Victim's name is Pamela Hanclark. Suspect's name is Owen Rickland." She explained.

"Copy that dispatch. This is unit 839-M-70. We are currently a mile away from the location. We'll be there in 5 minutes." One officer said.

"Dispatch. This is 401-K-03. We'll be there in around 3 minutes." Another officer said.