Chapter 3

Amy' POV

"Come on, let me out!" whined my little sister Mackenzie, from inside my closet. "I'm telling Mom and Dad!"

"That'll teach you to read my private diary!" I snapped. "You can just stay in there! Mom and Dad are at the supermarket, and I'm going out skateboarding. See ya." I grabbed my green skateboard, ignoring Mackenzie's cries to be let out of my closet, and tripped down the stairs, due to an untied shoelace on my blue Keds.

A bit embarrassed, I regained composure, and tied my right shoe. I left my house, without my key, and started skateboarding on the sidewalk, enjoying this fine Saturday, with the bright orange ball of fire in the clear, blue sky.

A driver in a blue 1987 Chevy Caprice Classic pulled over to the side of the road, and rolled his window down. "Excuse me, how do I get to Baltimore? I'm going to the Inner Harbor area."

"You don't have a GPS?" I asked, wrinkling my nose.

"It broke," said the middle aged man, with his brown glasses. I checked his Pennsylvania license plate out, which said Pizza.

"Just get on Interstate 95 south, that's all," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Thanks so much!" said the middle aged dude. He finally drove away, and I continued skateboarding. Why can't people use their GPS, instead of asking people for directions?

My cell phone vibrated in my right jeans pocket, indicating I got a text message. I checked it, and this is what it said.

"Amy, come home right now! We need to talk!"

It was my mom.

A/N Hey guys! What did you think of this chapter? What do you think of Amy locking Mackenzie in the closet, after reading her private diary? And what did the text message from her mother indicate? Don't be a silent reader. Please show some love and support by voting, leaving feedback, and sharing this book with others! Thanks guys! Love you all!!! 💚✨💙💙