Chapter 1: The Chalice

{Cuphead P.O.V.}

Golly, that girl was beautiful.....everything about her just shone with light. Anyways, we peaked out of the shop as we heard a police officer yell "Hey, get back here!" He ran past us and stopped at an old, poor, women. "You seen a chalice run past here?" He asked her. The women turned around and faced him with an empty mug or something. "Oops, uh, sorry." He said and gave her a coin. "Eheh...." After that he ran away. Then the old women took the blanket off, and the girl was underneath. She tap danced over to a gumball machine and put the said coin in. She took out a gumball and chewed on it, then she started to tickle the gumball machine and a bunch o' gumballs came out, and some kids ran to get some.

We continued to watch her as she tap danced her way over to a hotdog stand. She tap danced in front of the guy running it and he did a little dance of some sort. The girl pinched his cheeks and they guy gave her all of his hot dogs, damn she's good. She walked to a movie theater and gave everyone in line a hotdog. She made her way to the front of the line. "Ticket please." The guy running the place said. She offered him a hotdog. "That's not a ticket." He said. She added some mustard to it and once again offered it to the guy. "How bout' now?" She made it say. The guy's face brightened up and he ate the hotdog, then he let her past. Mugman and I looked at each other.

The girl was now sitting in the theater, eating a big bucket of popcorn. Mugsy and I continued to watch her. "How does she get people to just give her stuff?" Mugman asked me. "She could definitely help us get Elder Kettle's cookies." I said. The people shushed us. "Sorry." Mugman said. We noticed the girl was now gone. We went out the back door to find her. "Hey, where'd she go?" I asked. "I don't know." Said Mugman. "It's like she just disappeared." I said. Just then, someone grabbed at our shirts. It was the girl. "Alright! Who are you two working for?!" She said. "Working? We don't have jobs!" I said. "Yeah, we're just a couple of dum-dums."  Mugman added. "Zip it, ding-dong. She ain't gotta know we're dum-dums!" I whispered to him. "Why are you following me. Spill the beans or you'll be spillin' milk!" The girl said. "We just wanna learn how you get so much free stuff!" I said. "And maybe hang out?" Mugman added. "That's all Ms....." "The name's Chalice." The girl said. "Ms. Chalice." What a pretty name.... "But listen, you don't wanna get mixed up with a gal like me. This chalice is nothing but trouble!" "We love trouble!" I said. "We do?" Said Mugman. "Yeah. Why, just this morning, we decided to steal cookies from our elderly caretaker." I said, trying to impress her. "When you put it like that, I suppose we do love trouble." Said Mugman. Chalice laughed an adorable laugh. "Oh, brother. Looks like I gotta couple of real degenerates on my hands." She said. Have no idea what that means but I don't care. "Yep." I said. "Degenerates." "We uh, didn't actually get the cookies though." Said Mugman. How many times is he gonna screw this up?! "Hey!" I said. "What? We need her help! We might as well be honest." Said Mugman. "One thing you gotta know about me, boys; I get by without partners, without friends, without anyone or anything! This is a solo act. A one-person show." Aw man! "But..... your pathetic story charms me. You wanna know how I do what I do?" "Yeah!" Mugman and I said in unison. 

"You really wanna know?" 

"Uh-huh! Uh-huh! Uh-huh!"

 "Okay then, pay attention!"

650 Words.