CHAPTER 35

Shaun Salazar

I'm now sitting at the living room while Avigale is drinking, she's still affected by her existence.

"Why are you acting like she's invisible?" I giggled.

I know she still loves her even though she's acting like she doesn't care at all, I can see how her eyes glow when she saw her again. How I wish she can look at me that way. Sadly, she only saw me as a friend. I sigh.

"Let's not mind her." she said coldly.

Avigale and I are good friends, we grew up together. I'm willing to do anything to make her happy, even if the cost of it is my own happiness.

I love her, but I'm aware that it's one sided. All of this is just and act, so she can adopt Gian.

Gian lost her parents in a very young age and Avigale promised them that she will take care of her no matter what. She's a woman of her words, one of the reason why I love her. I agreed to help her so we set a marriage so she can adopt Gian, a contract which is about to end exactly at the end of this month.

"D-do you want her back?" I asked even tho I know she do.

"Please, Shaun, let's stop talking about her!" she shouted, frustrated.

"O-ok, I'm sorry. Let's just sleep."

"I'll stay here for a while." She said as she turned her back at me.

As I walk upstairs I heard some footsteps inside Gian's room.

I saw her sitting beside Gian.

"She's asleep." She said.

"She's charging." I said and giggled.

Gian is a one whole battery.

"She's full of energy." indeed.

"Thank you." I said to her.

"For what?" She faced me, confused.

"I think this is the first time I saw her eyes sparkle genuinely. Well, lagi ko naman nakikita 'yon kapag naka tingin siya kay Gian. . ." but I can't see those eyes when they met mine. I sigh.

"Have a Goodnight, Miss Montenegro." I bid my goodnight and decided to go to my room.

Avi and I have our seperate rooms. Tho, I dont live here, I'm just staying here sometimes especially when I don't have works.

As I walk into my room I realized that I forgot my phone on the living room. I was about to go down when I heard them talking.

"What a small world." it's Avi.

"H-how are you?"

"Can't you tell?" She asked.

Her voice if full of emotions but you can feel emptiness.

I remembered the time I got home here in the Philippines, she asked me if I'm free. She invited me as her drinking buddy, that was the first time I saw her lost herself because of someone.

"Is it that hard for you, to clearly see how i suffer when you left me?" She chuckled. That was forced,  I can tell.

"I-I'm sorry."

I can understand Gia's situation. Well i understand both of them, they just need a bridge. I guess. They need to talk things out.

Minutes later I heard someone's footsteps and there I saw Gia carrying Avigale. She fell asleep, this drunk ass.

"Gia, let me help you." I suggested and carried Avigale into her room.

"Y-you heard us?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to. I was just about to go down and get my phone." I scratched my nape.

"I-I'm sorry, if that looks like I'm disrespecting you as her husband—"

"Hey, it's no big deal. You should take a rest now!" I laughed.

_____________________________

Early in the morning after we ate breakfast Gia left, she said she has an appointment to attend.

I have a meeting to attend to, it's Sunday so I volunteered to attend Avi's meeting so she can spend time with Gian.

"Take care, Daddy." She kissed me on my cheek and bid goodbye.

"See you later, Baby." I said and left.

The meeting didn't last long, we just have to sign some contracts. After the meeting I decided to take a rest inside Avi's room.

I sat on her chair when I saw her drawer open, I was about to close if when I saw a folder.

Marriage Contract

It's a marriage contract along with a partnership contract for one of the heiress of Villiamore's clan and Montenegro's.

I read the whole file, so basically this is for Avigale and Gia. This contract was made years ago by Mr. Montenegro, Gia's father and he offered it to Avigale.

This was signed by Avigale but I didn't see Gia's signature in it.

In a blink of an eye an idea came into my mind, I'll do this for Avigale.

I ran to the parking lot and contacted Gia as I drive.

"Hello, are you in your office?" I asked.

"Yes, I just finished my appointment. Do you need something, Mr. Salazar?"

"Well, I just need you to sign something for me."

"Ok, I'll wait for you in my office."

"On my way." I hang up and drove into her company's building.

Thankfully there's no traffic today, less hassle.

"Sir, do you have an appointment."

"Oh, Chloe Clinton. Montenegro's Secretary, right? I called her before coming here." I smiled.

"Ok, Sir. She's waiting for you inside." she said and signaled me to come in.

"You're sweating, Mr. Salazar. Is it that important?" She asked as she saw me.

"Kind of? I'm helping a friend of mine." I shrugged.

"Why do you need my signature?" she asked, confused.

"Because I need it?" I laughed.

"Ok, can I?" she asked and i gave her the contract.

As she read through the file her expression changed.

"What is this, Mr. Salazar?" She sat and asked in a monotone.

"That's from your father, aren't you aware of it? You're suppose to marry her. You're father wanted you to." I explained.

Her eyes shifted on me as if she remembered something.

"So she's the one my father's talking about?"

"What?"

Now I'm the one who's confused.