2) Mad Love

Performed by The Pretty Reckless

The screen slowly panned to the left, fading more into color and revealing the next scene. [Cale] could be seen sitting at a desk, holding an invitation. Subtitles appeared at the bottom of the screen to show what was written.

<< Meet me at the Gorge of Death tomorrow morning. We need to talk. >>

"Well this one seems normal so far."

Quite a few heads turned to stare at crown prince Valentino, unimpressed.

"... I just jinxed it, didn't I?"

The heads turned away after Valentino discovered his mistake. If you listened closely, a few groans rang out.

On the screen, [Cale] ripped the invitation up and burned it with his fire ancient power. The screen zoomed in on one specific piece of paper right before it was burned. A white star symbol was signed at the bottom.

Sheritt grit her teeth silently as she patted Raon, who was doing the same.

Suddenly, the screen started fading to black again, leaving some confused and thinking that that was all there was to see. They were wrong however, as the screen faded from black to color, this time showing the Gorge of Death.

[Cale] was engaging with some of his allies.

Their counterparts in the viewing room scrutinized every little thing about the other version of them, trying to understand what was going on. The voices were muffled and it was difficult to read lips. There were also no subtitles.

"What are they saying?"

Nobody could answer Becrock's question.

The [Cale] on the screen then looked up, and his group scattered. Rosalyn noticed that they were on the Breck Kingdom's side of the Gorge. The screen then moved over to the Askosan Kingdom's side, and the {White Star} and his group could be seen conversing for a few more seconds before turning their attention to Cale's group.

The heavy winds made their talking muffled as well, but it was obvious that both sides were not letting their guard down for even a moment. Many of the viewers thought that they would react to a large battle.

"W, what? Again?"

Music suddenly started playing, and a few beats later, it was revealed that Lion King Dorph was playing a drum set, while many other members of Arm were also holding instruments or were getting ready to sing backup for their liege. They all had determined looks on their faces.

The first word was startling to say the least.

(Lo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-veee)

Multiple backup singers melded their voices together with practised ease. Immediately, [Cale]'s group face palmed or sighed in annoyance like this was a regular thing that the {White Star} did.

"Don't tell me..."

"No way, right? He wouldn't..."

[ Your love, ain't got nothing on me. It's just a fantasy, ain't got nothing on me. ]

This time it was [Cale] who sang back, wearing an extremely frustrated look. For some reason the music and verses were clearly heard, as if the wind had instantly died down to listen as well.

The {White Star} was getting ready to retort back, but [Cale] cut him off before he could start, and repeated his words again.

[ Your love, ain't got nothing on me. It's just a fantasy, ain't got nothing on me- ]