Monday, December 12th.

"Nicole, I want you to know that I love you and I'm so proud of the mother you are, sure you could know our daughter better

"Nicole, I want you to know that I love you and I'm so proud of the mother you are, sure you could know our daughter better..."

"Thanks." I couldn't help but cut him off.

"Let me finish, please." James shakes his head, still holding me close to him. "I could know our daughter better, too. It's all a learning experience and the only way you can learn it is to be in it. You still have time with her. You can change the way you are with our daughter. The fact that you are upset about it shows that you actually care. That's the greatest thing ever. Caring is what holds everything together."

"You really think there is hope for me as a mother?" James reaches down to wipe the tears from my eyes, cupping my cheeks with his hands.

"I know there is. I think getting fired is exactly what you needed to see that. Probably what we both needed to see that we could use a little more balance in our lives."

"Oh good. So I can put all the blame on you and not worry about fixing my part. Alright, I'm going to go find a job again." I chuckle lightly, watching as James face contorts at my joke. He must not have found it funny.

"Nope! You are going to stay right here and let me hold you close for just a second longer." His voice was a mere whisper. He sounds desperate.

"I'd love to." A smile forms on my face. I could feel his tender love, almost as if the feelings were transferring directly from his chest to mine. His arms made me feel so comfortable and safe. I could stay here for the rest of my life.

Apparently the only thing that could break the moment between us was a stomach growling. James shot away, bringing his hands to his stomach to try and muffle any sound, but there was no getting away from it.

"Uh, what are we making for dinner?" He asks, holding his hands out in a shrug. We both burst into a fit of laughter, still in shock at how loud and atrocious the sounds were.

"I was thinking we could make some skillet potatoes and chicken?"

"That sounds great to me, let's get started!" James responds, heading deeper into the kitchen, stopping for just a moment by the stereo. "We are going to jazz this up a little bit while we cook."

James clicks on the stereo, tuning it to the channel playing Christmas music non-stop. He turns it down just a little, but leaves it loud enough that it fills the kitchen with cheer.

I had already started gathering the ingredients for the potatoes, and James took charge of the chicken, pulling spices and seasonings out until the shelf looks nearly empty.

"We are going to dance while we cook, because why can't we have any fun?" James wiggles his finger with the music, tapping his foot.

"You are insane!" I grab the potato peeler and get to work on washing, peeling, and chopping all the potatoes, putting them in a pan with just a dash of olive oil.