Chapter 1

(This will seem like a Sihtric story in the beginning, but do not get used to it. As soon as Finan makes his appearance, Sihtric and Valdis will slowly grow apart and Sihtric will still marry his wife.)

Valdis took a deep breath about to take a shot at the deer she has been tracking for a while now when she hears shouting from the camp. Her head snaps over as she quickly jumps out of tree and replacing the bow in her hand with a sword as she raced to where the shouting was coming from. There in the clearing stood a man holding one of ours hostage.

"Bring me Valdis!" He shouted as Valdis eyes widened at the voice. "Sihtric?" She asks stepping from out behind her brother and taking a step forward. "Valdis, do you know this man?" Uhtred asking turning his attention to her and sheathed her sword. "Come now sihtric let the poor man go." 

She smirked slightly as he released him. She smiled as She took a step forward pulling him into a hug. He whispered into her ear. "I wish to serve you and your brother." He spoke softly of his wishes as Valdis let out small nod before turning to her brother. "He is a good man brother, a loyal one as well." She spoke with a small smile as Sihtric wrapped his arm around her shoulder with a relieved look on his face.

"You vouch for him?" Uhtred looked between the two of them. "I do." She spoke plainly as she will not lose an old friend today by the hands of her brother.  "You swear your sword to me?" Uhtred then ask Sihtric as he looked at Valdis with a small smile. "I swear my sword to you, but I swear my loyalty to Valdis. As I always have. On Thor's hammer lord." 

Sihtric kneeled before Uhtred as her blood as grow tense from the situation as she did not plan on this happening today of all days. "I swear." Sihtric spoke once more as Valdis brought her own had to her Thor hammer around her neck with small nod towards her brother. "Then you have my protection." 

Valdis smiled as she helped Sihtric to his feet and held his hand with a smile. "Sihtric is with us now. He serves in king Guthred's army." Uhtred spoke as he walked away. Valdis pulled Sihtric with her to drink Ale and watch the men fight. "Last time I saw you my lady, you were on the hunt for your brothers."

Sihtric spoke with a small smirk. "Seems you found one of them." He tilted his head towards Uhtred as Valdis let out a small smile. "I found Ragnar as well, but Uhtred needed me more." Valdis softly spoke with a frown. "And don't call me lady." She spoke with a stern look on her face, but a small smile made its appearance.

"What troubles you?" Sihtric asked, concerned for his friend. "We are fighting for land we do not own, a king we do not serve." Valdis scoffed. Her growing frustrations towards the man sat beside her brother. Sihtric groaned as he moved closer to her. "I have missed your fiery attitude Valdis." Sihtric smirked suggestively as Valdis sent him a soft smile.

Sihtric gently kissed her neck with a smile. "If you wish, I can take your mind off it." Valdis body began to heat up as she tried to ignore all the signs telling her to say yes. It wouldn't be there first time. They spent time together when they first met but went their separate ways to find their own path. "If you don't disappoint me." Valdis smirked.

"Mm, when have I ever disappointed you Valdis?" Valdis could not hold off any longer as she grabbed his hand and pulled him towards her tent as he finished his cup of Ale, allowing her to pull him. He immediately latched his lips onto her as she frantically began pulling off his shirt. untying the leather.

He wrapped his arms around her pulling her tightly against his own body as the kiss was passionate and lust filled. "Am I expected to lose my head tomorrow from your brother?" He spoke with heavy breaths as torn off her clothing from her body as he began trailing kisses down the side of her neck and let his hands wonder her body.