Part 1 | D.I.T.C.W.Y

A person huddled over towards the small campfire in the alleyway. "Hey, scooch over kid." An elderly looking man stumbles over and sits down on the bench next to the other. The elderly nodded respectfully to the kid and smiled gratefully. "Thank you..?" He asks. "Uh.. Mark. The name's Mark. What about you?" The teen replies, holding out his hand to shake. The older man smiles softly. "Dennis. Dennis Watson." He replies. Mark nods and pulls his arm back in, Mr. Watson didn't take Mark's hand to shake, so he decided it was best to put it down, rather than keep it up and wait awkwardly.

Mr. Watson shakes from the cold and holds his hands in front of his face. Pretty much the best that he could do was shield his face. "Looks like snow." He muttered. Mark nodded and looked up. The weather was getting remarkably cold, and the sky was very gray. "Snowstorm, probably." Mark replied. The words rolled off his tongue, he didn't even have to think before saying it. It just slipped out. "Courageous, aren't we?" Mr. Watson chuckled and glanced at Mark before going back to warming up by the fire. Mark didn't say or do anything, he just waited.

"Well, I better get going." Mark finally said. He stood up and grabbed his backpack that had been sat right next to him. "Alright, you stay safe, Mark." Mr. Watson said without looking at the other. Mark walked off, away from the heat of the fire.

"Hey! You!" A little girl ran over to him and she smiled happily. "Uh.. hello little girl." He crouched over to look at the girl. "You dropped something!" She held up a handful of dollar bills and Mark laughed. "Those aren't mine, sweetie." The little girl shook her head and extended her arms even farther. "They're yours now." Mark took the money gratefully and stuffed it in his pockets. He got on his knees and offered the sweet girl a big warm hug. "Thank you so much!" He said to her before she left.

Mark:
(Also known as Ranboo.)
- Has been a bit poor on money for about a year or two.
- He normally spends his Christmas somewhere where people serve the homeless free food.
- He stays in town so everyone knows him.
- Everyone loves Mark, he's polite and proper, but kind and relaxed when it comes to children.
- He's been paid several times for watching the kids before, and some people even try to sneak money into his stuff while he's out and about, he always gives the money back to those people though, unless he's done something to deserve it. Such as helping with tasks, errands, etc.

| 451 words. Not including these |
-bare with me, I promise it'll get better