Part 4 | D.I.T.C.W.Y

Suddenly, a dog jumped out of no where and scared Mark to the point where he stumbled backwards a few steps. "WOAH! COCOA!" Toby shouted. He lunged forward and hugged the fluffy dog close so that it couldn't get near Mark. The dog was panting and wagging its tail happily while looking right at Mark, as if it wanted to talk to the stranger. "Oh.. no it's fine. You can let go of Cocoa." Mark says softly while looking at the dog. "You sure?" Toby asks while looking up at Mark from where he now sat at the floor. Mark nodded.

Cocoa launched forward and ran into Mark's legs from the slippery tile flooring that she kept sliding on. She got herself upright and started sniffing Mark's feet and ankles. "She's so cute." Mark said, leaning over to pet her. Toby nodded while smiling and snapped his fingers. "Cocoa, come." He snapped. She looked at him and wagged her tail slowly, and then ran towards him happily. "She's very energetic too." Mark laughed while watching her skid into what looked like the kitchen.

"So, here's some food. Also here's a book you are welcome to read if you'd like. I'm not forcing you or anything." Toby pointed at a seat at a normal sized dining room table, and passed over a bowl of soup as well as a book. The Martian. That was the title of the book. It sounded pretty good, Mark decided he'd give it a try. "Thank you, Tub- wait no, Toby." Mark laughed. "What were you about to call me??" Toby giggled and sat down at the table in the seat across from the taller. "I was about to call you Tubbo, my bad." Mark nodded politely and brought up a spoonful of soup. "Oh, that's a well thought out name." Toby's face crinkled in a smile, as if he was about to laugh. But he never did.

"Well, I'll leave you to eat and then you can shovel in an hour or so, yeah?" Toby stood and pushed in his chair, leaning against it while facing Mark. The taller smiled and nodded. "Thanks again, Toby." And then he started eating his soup. Toby walked off, towards his room.

-30 minutes later-

Mark found himself sitting at the table after finishing his soup, then washing the bowl and spoon, and then pulling out the book he was given. He had started reading it and it had been around 20 minutes since he started it. Toby walked in to check on him and saw him reading, so he decided not to bother. But Mark saw him, and called him over. "Hey, when should I start work?" He asked softly. "Hah, whenever you sant boss man. But right now isn't really needed, just to let you know." Mark was a bit puzzled at the name "boss man" but decided not to question and instead take Toby's word for it and just wait a bit longer.

So, to pass timr Mark started reading. Again. For about another 3 hours, until he finally finished it, at the 3 and a half hour mark.

| 522 words. Not including these |

-hello! Hope you enjoyed :)
Keep reading, It'll get better soon I promise