Chapter 5

Felix had lost the bet about the number neighbor and now he had to pay the consequences.

He texted Jeongin telling him he was on the way. The younger responded within a few minutes, sending a thumbs up. Jeongin was always a dry texter. The Sahara desert had more moisture than his texting skills. He was more enjoyable to talk to in person, but if there was anything to talk about over text it would always be terse and straight to the point.

Felix arrived at Jeongin's small apartment complex. He took an elevator to the second floor and knocked on apartment 203.

The door flew open and an estactic fox-like man stood smiling. He was wearing baggy beige cargo pants with a black belt, and a simple gray t-shirt with red lettering tucked in. He slipped into red converse, and grabbed a satchel as he followed Felix to his car.

"So, how's the number neighbor going?" Jeongin asked as he closed the car door.

Felix rolled his eyes as he started the car. "That's the first thing you say? We just got in the car."

"What," Jeongin whined. "I just wanna know."

"God you can be so annoying sometimes," Felix sighed.

Jeongin put on puppy dog eyes, silently pleading with the older to spill his drama.
"Fine I'll tell you."

Jeongin shifted in his seat and had a small smile on his face, obviously excited to collect drama. "Okay! So tell me, is he cute?"

Felix side-eyed the younger. "I don't have any pictures of him."

There was shrill screech that echoed through the car. "What!"

"Oh my fucking god, Jeongin, don't have scream like that again." Felix rubbed his ears in pain. Maybe I should cut this conversation short. He eyed Jeongin suspiciously, hoping he won't screech again.

A few seconds of silence filled the once shrieking car, as the two boys sat there, one zoned out and the other wracking their brain for answers.

"So why haven't you gotten any pics yet?"

"Maybe because he won't send them?"

Jeongin looked bewildered and demanded to be let into Felix's phone, thinking he was lying. Felix rolled his eyes as he continued focusing on the road. A thought came to his head as he remembered something important. "Didn't you say you would also text your number neighbor?" Felix raised an eyebrow as he side-eyed the fox sitting in the passenger seat.

"Oh yeah." Jeongin's face seemed to become slightly pink. "I forgot to tell you about him."

"Yeah likely story, Jeongin." a sly grin played onto Felix's face. "So spill, what's got you so flustered?"

There was a small moment of silence as the younger fiddled with his phone. "Well his name is Seungmin."

"And?"

"He works at the library and he is extremely cute." Jeongin's face became a brighter red as he continued rambling about his new number neighbor.

"Well can I at least see a picture?"

Felix had pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant Jeongin had directed him to.