Chapter 6

He sighed as he pulled into the parking lot of his work. Walking in through the back door, and checking in. He heard giggling come from a small group huddled in the corner. Felix took his apron off the hook and tied it around his light blue sweater, and headed towards the front to do some small prep for his shift and to clean a few spots the last shift had missed.

Today he would be alone, well not technically. He did have one girl with him today, her name was Choi Su-Ho. He had hoped she wasn't in today, he wanted Jeongin, but unfortunately its his day off. If he didn't hang out with him at all this weekend, he wouldn't see his best friend until Monday. Choi Su-Ho was known to be a lazy worker. She would lounge around on her phone in the back and would get mad anytime someone asked her to do something. One time Felix needed her to make a few cups of coffee for customers, because he was bombarded with people trying to put their orders in, and she stood there. On her phone. Doing nothing. God, how he hated that shift. He was left to make so many coffees and teas. He should've been payed overtime.

Felix decided to ignore Su-Ho for the night. It was the closing shift, they wouldn't have to do much of anything, except clean and put away some boxes for tomorrow.

A few hours went by and he was enjoying the quiet shift with the bookworms who routinely came in and sat in the back, quietly talking amongst themselves about their latest read, and the little kids who gained the courage to order their drink themselves. He loved the way they had a little stutter when they finally came up to the counter, and he found the bright smiles they had on their faces adorable when he gave them little pieces of candy.

It was towards the end of the shift, Choi Su-Ho still on her phone in the back, sitting in one of the chairs, and Felix wiping sprinkles off the counters, when the door swung open with a ring from the bell, and a boyish figure walked in.

The figure walked up to the counter, wearing an oversized striped shirt with a black zip-up hoodie and straight legged blue jeans. "Told ya I'd come back," the figured stated with a smile.

Felix looked up from the counter confused, he froze, meeting the beautiful brown eyes of his supposed number neighbor. Oh he is hot. Maybe if I squint my eyes I can get over this imaginative crush I'm developing.

He squinted his eyes at the older man walking in as if he was six foot two. Chan looked around the room, his eyes landing on a brunette boy looking at him through squished eyez. "Why are you squinting at me."

Bang Chan strolled over and placed his hands on the counter and leaned forward, becoming eye level with Felix. A crooked smile appeared on his face, as he leaned forward to the point the two were sharing air.

Felix's eyes widened as Bang Chan leaned over the counter. Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck. These words repeated over and over and over in his mind as he became closer and closer and closer to the handsome man leaning in. What the hell is he doing? He froze, hands gripping the counter, eyes wide, and mouth slightly agape.

Chan's smile grew wider as his eyes memorized every feature on the cuties face. His eyes that were a deep, dark chocolate brown. And the pouty lips that instead of holding a smile like the night before, it held a bright, lovely smile that made Chan want to smile too. He counted as many freckles as he could see, they seemed to go on forever and he got lost.

He leaned ever so closer, loving the way it made Felix's breath hitch. "Why did you squint at me? Is there something on my face?" He raised an eyebrow.

The look of shock on Felix's made Bang Chan's smile grow wider as he slowly pulled away, watching as Felix exhaled and put back on his employee smile. "Hey Chris, what can I get ya today?"

Oh fuck! Calm down heart, it wasn't even that much. God chill the fuck out. Felix took shallow inhales and heavy exhales as he forced his pounding heart to calm.

"I think I'll have what I had last time, mate." He talked in a sweet Australian accent, and his heart shaped smile appeared everytime he finished a sentence. Maybe it wasn't so bad to develop some feelings for him.

Maybe just a little.

"Alright, I'll get you one real fast."

Felix turned around to the machines behind him. He fiddled with a few machines, dumping powder into a cup and swirling caramel syrup around the plastic.

Bang Chan on the other hand was twisting a straw wrapper around his hand, occasionally looking up to the boy turned away from him. He loved the blue color he chose to wear, it complimented his skin tone perfectly. The half up ponytail he wore reminded him of the one he wore in the picture he sent.

He let out a sigh as he took out his phone, checking his notifications. He had a few messages from Jisung complaining about Minho not buying him food or Changbin wrestling him for the remote and arguing about which lyrics work with the beat of a song. Scrolling down, there were likes from Instagram populating his notifications, some accounts kept showing up. A few comments showed up, and one in particular stood out for some unknown reason.

Felix turned back around, holding a drink in one hand and a straw in the other. He had a smile on his face as he placed down the cup in front of Chan, snapping the older out of his train of thought.

"You're lucky we aren't closing currently, otherwise I wouldn't be able to serve you." Felix snickered and threw on a smile.

A sly smirk played onto Chan's face. "I think you could serve me just fine."

Felix's face turned slightly pink, though he pushed all those thoughts away with a roll of his eyes and a spin on his heel.

"I have given you your drink. I think I have served you quite well." Felix wiped down the machines he just used. He wore a small grin on his face as he listened to the humming coming from the opposite side of the counter.

Though, the moment may have seemed special to Felix, it was quickly ruined by his coworker making an appearance from the hiding place she hibernated in.

Ugh it's her. Felix rolled his eyes twice as hard this time. God, as if this day couldn't get any worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author,

Ooooooo and there seems to be some dramaaaa!!!!! The suspense is killing me 🤭🤭 I wonder what happens next.

Thank yall for reading and again if your confused or want to make a suggestion about the chapter please comment.

Thank you, love yall 💗💗