End of the Line.

Ben's dangling below the monorail tracks, crying as I hold onto him. I was only holding him up with one hand, using my other hand to keep myself from falling forward.

"Don't let go!" I scream, trying to pull him up. Ben's cries mingled with his screams, terrified as he dangled only inches from death.

He tried to use his free arm to grab mine, only making him slip further from my fingertips.

I couldn't grab onto him, not like this. If I tried to pull him up, he could fall. 

 I let go of the edge, using my other arm to grab onto him as he barely strayed from mine. I take a second to breathe, panting for air.

Despite the tears, Ben himself was relieved. 

I get on my knees, grunting as I pull him up with both my arm. He grabs onto the ledge, pushing himself up.

With a final tug, he makes it onto the monorail. Not seconds later grabbing a hold of me, similar to a hug. 

"You saved me..." He sobbed into my shoulder.

Tears fall from my eyes as I hug him back, burying my face into him. 

POV OF MAT

The rest of the group and I finally get the door open. It had closed after the Pteranodon flew in, and when (Y/N) jumped out for Ben.

We all sighed at the sight of the two alive and hugging.

"(Y/N)!" I shout for her.

She looks away from hugging Ben, smiling as she sees me.

I smile, reaching my hand out. But suddenly another Pteranodon flies in, scratching me in my arm as I retract it back.

I look up, horrified as I see the Pteranodon grab my sister by arms, with Ben still holding on to her, as it starts to fly away. 

I run out, holding out my hand to grab her.

It doesn't work, and like I watched my sister fall from the tree, I have to watch her and Ben be taken away by the Pteranodon, their screams echoing in the distance.

I back away from the ledge, falling on my knees. It becomes silent as everyone stares in complete and utter disbelief. Bumpy walks to the ledge snarling for Ben and (Y/N). 

"They're gone. They're... gone." Yasmina puts a hand to her head, the words leaving her breathy voice.

"I won't believe it!" Sammy tries to run to the edge but Yasmina stops her. 

"No!" She backs away, sobbing into her hands.

I look down at my hands as they begin shaking, bailing them up into fists. A warm hand comes from behind me, grabbing my shaking fits.

I look up, finding Brooklynn comforting me.

"We're going back," Darius whispered under his breath.

"The monorail's going back!" He shouted as the brakes screeched, sending us all falling forward.

"What do you mean, going back?" Brooklynn asks.

"When we switched tracks, we ended up on one headed north." Darius stood up, staring out the broken hole in the monorail. He thinks for a moment before running over to the control panel.

"We're not going to the south docks, we're going away from them!" He begins clicking random buttons and switching random levels. None of which do anything.

"Doesn't anything here work?" He yells frustrated, slamming his fists on the panel.

"We gotta get off this monorail now!" He yells to us.