Red Vs Blue

POV OF BEN

I didn't get a wink of sleep. The whole night I kept thinking about when (Y/N) grabbed my hand. I don't even remember what we were talking about, I just can't it out of my head.

For the first time all night, I yawned, closing my eyes as drifted to sleep. It doesn't last long, as I jump from the sound of Bump's shriek. Waking me up instantly.

I turn around, seeing (Y/N) slowly wake up as she rubbed her eyes. She looked even prettier than the night before.

Leaving the fort, Bumpy stretched as she shook dirt off her shell. I crawled out of the fort, my body aching and sore.

(Y/N) came out after me, stretching her arms up as I heard her bones crack.

"How'd you sleep?" She asked, stretching as she goes down to touch her toes.

"Me-well I- uh- good. I slept good," I awkwardly smiled.

"That log did not do my back justice," She stood up.

I cleared my throat, standing up. I started to follow her, pausing as my stomach growled. (Y/N) turned around to me, looking between me and my stomach.

"Uh-" I look up at her, placing my hand on my stomach.

"I agree with your stomach, the last thing we ate were those horrendous carbo bars." She shuttered.

"You mean heath carob bars." I corrected her.

"I mean disgusting carob bars." She finished stretching.

I jokingly rolled my eyes, looking over at Bumpy who was digging around in a bush. Bumpy turned around to us, snarling as she ran off.

"Bumpy?" I call out.

"Bumpy!" (Y/N) shouted.

(Y/N) and I look at each other before chasing after Bumpy.

We followed Bumpy as she walked through the jungle, unsure of where she was leading us. I look into the distance, hearing a buzzing sound circle around me.

"Heads up!" (Y/N) shouted, followed by a smack to my arm.

"Ow!" I shouted.

"Sorry, mosquito," She held her hand up.

Bumpy paused as she snarled, running ahead to something.

"What did you find girl?" I ask Bumpy as I catch up with her.

"Berries!" (Y/N) ran ahead, picking a red berry.

"(Y/N) wait!" I try to warn her, uselessly as she ate the berry.

She finished it, looking at me.

"It's fine, Bumpy is eating it."

I look at Bumpy, who eats a pile of red berries on the floor.

"Uh- no- I was just going to say that the blueberries look better." I point to the blueberry bush next to us.

"Uh-huh," She looked at the bush.

"These look scrumptious!" I pick one from the bush, holding it up to my mouth.

I look at (Y/N), who is distracted scarfing down the red berries. I look back at the berry in my hand, gulping before I take a bite from it.

It only takes a few chews for sour bitterness to take over my taste buds. I retch, spitting it out instantly.

"Ugh!" I stick the half-eaten berry on a branch.

"Personally, I believe red to be the better color in the red vs blue argument." (Y/N) said.

I look over at her, staring uncertainly at the berries she was eating.