08. RUSSIAN ROULETTE

Veer's POV:

We got into Igor's huge mansion. To me, it was huge, to other rich families in Russia it wasn't. There was a select dozen of people there. Going about talking and drinking and wasting time. Igor noticed us as we entered. He didn't welcome us as he was conversing with someone else. He gave Shrishti a smirk and a nod.

"How do we get his attention?" Reena asked.

"We don't need to. Now, we just need to keep him distracted. Reena and I have a good chance of getting to his chamber because of obvious reasons." Shrishti said looking at Prayas seeming to be having a normal conversation.

Reena scoffed. I couldn't quite get behind the fact that she didn't seem to be a team player with Shrishti but was the best in our IB wing.

"I and Prayas will distract the man. Keep him talking. Madhav you there?" I said into the earpiece.

"Right here."

"Keep us guided in the right path of the conversation. Keep giving inns about him. While the women get themselves to Igor's room."

"Of course. And Shrishti do you know exactly where Igor's room is?" he asked Shrishti. Shrishti just clicked her tongue which seemed to answer Madhav. They had a whole set of gestures only they understood and for some reason, it pissed me off.

We bid farewell to the women who strutted across the hall and slipped into a corridor. I nodded at Prayas who nodded back. We approached Igor.

"May we have a moment with you, sir?" Prayas initiated the conversation. Igor immediately bid goodbye to the person who was speaking to him before. He led us to take a seat on a couch.

"Do tell me, gentlemen. What do you have to ask of me?" He said.

It was surreal that a man this well-mannered, this polite and this calm can run a drug cartel inclusive of Hemlock. He never seemed like a person who would hurt anyone. This is what it meant my looks can be deceiving.

"It's nothing, big sir, we were just curious about your charity projects. We would want to fund it too." I said.

"Mention his "One place" event." Madhav whispered in our earpiece.

"It was amazing what you did in the -one place- event. I found it really interesting." Prayas carried forward.

A series of stabbing and punching sounds reached my earpiece. That would be Shrishti and Reena.

"...It really helped a lot of people around the world. I was happy I could be a part of it." Igor finished.

"Don't mind me asking, but where does the public deposits of your charities go? From what I've heard all the events are implemented through your personal accounts." I say. Igor looks at me for a second with a raised brow.

"Well...gentlemen. I suppose I can't reveal the confidentiality of my projects." he stood up, "do enjoy yourselves." he said and left. No we can't afford for him to find out about the ladies.

Prayas and I kept our distance following him and he slipped into the same corridor Reena and Shri had went through.

"Madhav, check the cameras immediately. Where are Shrishti and Reena?" Prayas spat.

"On it-"

"Don't worry." An eerie voice spoke from Shrishti's side, "I've put your ladies to sleep for a while." the man said.

We were immediately I'm darkness when two black clothes blinded us. A faint smell of a drug was all I could smell before passing out.

•••

(To be continued.)

I have been splitting these chapters into two because there is a big list of scenes with different settings, different perspectives and also different people. I hope you all don't mind. As of now, let me know if you liked the chapter. Do vote. It helps me a lot.
😊