26. WED

The air in the the court was heavy. A person sat at the typewriter and the judge analysed the person who sat in the seat before him. The glasses kept slipping her face. Brown hair tied into a braid and her lips which were a shade of black showed signs of evident fatigue.

"The sentence will be passed now after analysing the past records of the client." The judge opened the filed record.

"Sentenced three years ago.
Criminal record none. Abusive behaviour not recorded. Drug abuse...no record of drug abuse. Eviction history, none." The judge looked over to the client who now had a smirk etched over her face.

"Having no inappropriate history...you are free to go." The judge closed the record and put his seal on it.

"5th August, through court proceedings, Megha Agarwal, proven innocent."

...

Veer's POV

I carried the huge carton box to the room. I set it down on the floor of the empty room. It's moving day.

Prayas helped me pack up too. Jai had helped in moving my stuff to my new place. I sat down on the floor of the room, tired. The space felt so empty.

Prayas peeked through the door, "Tired already?" He asked, holding two huge boxes in his hand.

"I've been doing this for more time than you have. You showed up two hours ago."

Prayas smirked, he set down the boxes and sat down beside me, "You are really not going to go to Pune? You mom and sister are there, you know?"

"I'm bringing mom here, to Delhi. I won't go back." The imagery of Pune ran in my mind, "Pune has a lot of her. And a lot of my dad."

"You've taken up your father's corporation. People will talk about it."

"They will. But I took over the corporation so I can cut ties with any other drug cartel in the world. I'll cut ties with everything."

"Good luck. Also..." Prayas looked at me, "I'll miss you at the headquarters."

I scoffed, "Since when are you like this?"

Prayas shook his head and put a hand on my shoulder, "Since today."

...

5th August.

I stood with my hands on my hips looking over the study I set up in my new home. It felt wierd, having business files rather than criminal records. Stationary rather than guns and ammo.

I sighed.

I sat down on the chair behind the desk and looked to a window on my right. Delhi was bustling. Though my house was not on the main Street, the clamouring outside was enough indication.

I called Naira, "Hello."

"Hello, Veer. Mom's adamant. She doesn't want to leave to Delhi."

"She is gonna be alone, Naira. I'm here. I can take care of her. Give her the phone." I held the bridge of my nose.

"Veer." Mum's voice spoke.