21. NOTHING TO TRUST

Veer's POV:

Jai who stood behind Jiwon didn't dare meet any of our eyes. He...He told them about our plan? 

Jiwon looked at him, "Maybe I'll let you leave." 

Jai bowed, "Thank you, ma'am." He said and knelt before her, "I'll leave regardless of your approval." He said. Jiwon raised her brow in confusion. 

Jai then shot us one look before pulling a knife out of Jiwon's dress. He stabbed her in the knee. Jiwon screeched.  

"And I'll leave with all of my team," Jai smirked. The guards started attacking us. Not today. 

Jai ran back to me. Our backs against each other and we pulled the gun Shri bought. A minute later the whole room was nothing but a warfield. Gunshots, blood, screams. 

One guard launched a blade at me. I ducked pulling Jai down. It struck another guard in his head. I shot the guard in his thigh he dropped to the ground and then I shot him in his head again. 

"Did you have to alert her?" I asked while I pulled the trigger over and over at three men. 

"I'm not leaving without killing her. She killed Rohit." Jai loaded his gun back up. "I need a lift." He said. Instinctively opened my arm snaking it around Jai. He boosted himself up kicking two guards to the ground. 

I'm out of ammo. A guard calmly walked to me. Does he wanna die? He looked at me through his masked gear. He handed me a gun. 

"You owe me." He said and I recognised the voice all too well. 

"Were you the one who wrote the letter?" I asked while turning around and jabbing a guard in his nose and shooting him in the chest. 

"I had to," Madhav spoke while loading up his gun. He shot at the men and simultaneously picked a knife from his belt. He threw it past me. I followed the throw. 

Shrishti caught the blade and almost instantly smirked at Madhav. She stood in the entrance of a small hallway guarding Prayas who was working on the lock of the archive. 

"Veer!" Jai called out and I saw a bullet headed right at me, I ducked in time and rolled over on the ground. A woman stood with her hand on the trigger smiling at me. Really? She threw the gun aside and ran at me. Okay. 

I dodged her punch and held her wrist. I turned her around and held her arm behind her back. She ducked under her own arm and threw a punch at me with her free hand. I tasted blood on my lips. 

"You fight like a girl." She said. 

Wow, speak of hypocrisy. I should not have gone easy on her. She ran at me again, I dodged her punches. I ducked under and stuck my elbow against her diaphragm. She stumbled back. I punched her gut with all the force I had. She fell back but flipped onto her feet. She spun and kicked me. I felt blood trickling down my ear. 

She smirked again and punched my shoulder popping my stitches. Once, twice and on till I got my hands on my gun. I pressed it against her stomach on the armour. 

"I fight like a girl?...I'll take that as a compliment," I said and shot twice. 

Ugh...my shoulder hurts. I saw my father's men come through the door. It's good to have some help. 

I looked over and saw Jiwon standing amidst all the chaos. She looked worried but apparently not worried enough to run. I strode to her. She looked at me and sighed. She started cracking her knuckles. She grabbed the blade that Jai used to stab her and cut her dress to her convenience.

Okay...am I supposed to wait for your wardrobe change? I aimed my gun at her. 

"That is out of ammo." She said. Shit! she's right. I advanced with the knife the woman gave me at the weapons exchange. 

Jiwon sighed and aimed a kick at me. I, who was focused on cutting her with the knife, failed to notice her kick. Her pointed heels stuck me in the jaw. I staggered back. 

"Could you wait? I'm fixing my dress." She got back to it. 

No, you don't get to underestimate me like that. I loaded up the gun and aimed it at her. She sighed again and held my wrist. With merely no effort she pulled my hand down and swept her leg making my fall. She jumped up with her blade held high ready to stab me. I rolled away and heard the blade scratch the floor beside me. 

I stood up and opened my knife. She is strong. She pushed the blade to me again, I held mine up blocking her attack. I sharply turned my knife down cutting her in her palm. I raised my hand that had the gun and jabbed her ribs. She stumbled back with a scoff. 

"You've got quite the knack in you." She said. 

A hiss hound filled the room and Jiwon's face scrunched up in worry. Without wasting a bit of time, I pushed my knife into her right knee, and she yelled aloud. I pulled the knife out and stabbed her in the left knee too. 

"I won't kill you," I said as she slid down the wall with her disabled legs. She grunt angrily. 

"That'll be a mistake." She said. 

"I didn't say I'll let you live though," I said and heard footsteps behind me. 

"He said he won't kill you. Because it's my job." Jai said before pointing his gun at Jiwon's forehead. "Good night." He said and shot. 

We sighed and turned around to look at the massacre we committed. Madhav shot at the last guard in the room. The only people who stood standing in the room were Jai, Madhav, Dad's men and I. 

"What was that hissing sound?" I asked. 

"The sound of the opening of the archive," Madhav said. 

They did it, yes! I exchanged a look with Jai. We all started going to the archive but stopped short when Shrishti exited the room with her gun aimed at us. 

"Shrishti..." I spoke while being confused. She didn't even look at me. She started shooting, shooting down the men who were with us. 

"What the hell? Shrishti. Why would you do that?!" Madhav exclaimed. 

Before I could even protest, my eyes fell into the room. The huge portrait hung up on the wall. I slowly took steps towards it. My heart started beating faster. Disbelief filling every nerve of my body. Prayas looked at me from within with worry etched on his face. 

The picture...

My father sat on a throne-like seat with Jiwon, Prakash and Igor standing behind him. 

The boss we were looking for all these days...was my father?

🗝️

Hello again. This one is a little shorter. The following one will be a longer part.
(How was the plot twist btw? I feel a little evil)
Hope you all enjoyed this part.
Leave a vote and a comment.
Thank you.