Chapter 33 • Restless

A week passed.

"What?!" Xiao Zhan stood up in horror while talking with Darren on the phone.

Darren responded, "That damn witch, She called back up to attack us!" He hissed in pain and caressed his stomach which got beaten.

"How could that happen?! Didn't you confiscate their phones?!"

"Yes! But their men traced me! Argh!" Darren groaned now, he could feel the pain even more!

"I will go there" Xiao Zhan hung up the phone.

He then looked at worried Wang Yibo. By just staring at Yibo... Xiao Zhan knew Yibo wants to accompany him again.

"Wang Yibo, I can handle this alone. Go back, the company needs you, it facing circumstances in sealing the contract right now" Xiao Zhan refused before Yibo could say something.

"Are you trying to push me away again?" Wang Yibo blocked Xiao Zhan's way toward the building's exit.

Xiao Zhan sighed as he passed Wang Yibo, but no longer, Wang Yibo tailed Xiao Zhan.

"Baobao please, It is dangerous" Yibo grabbed Xiao Zhan's arm to stop him.

Xiao Zhan then tapped Yibo's hand and turn his head to face Yibo as Xiao Zhan smiled at him, "Rest assured... I will come back"

-❀-

Xiao Zhan arrived at the place where They hid and make the Zhaos suffer but not now! They escaped! How cunning indeed.

Xiao Zhan was alarmed when he suddenly heard a rustling sound behind him. So, He didn't hesitate to take his gun out and point it where the sound came from.

"Who?"

"meow"

"...A cat?" He then lowered his gun as his phone rang, it was Haikuan.

"Kuan ge?"

"Darren is here in the hospital already. Somehow, he managed to get here"

"I see"

Haikuan let a sigh, "He told me that Liying may be still there. She could kill Darren in the first place but she did not. So, You must be Liying's target. Be careful"

"I know. Thank you for your concern, ge"

"Okay, I will end the call." After that the call ended.

As Xiao Zhan back his attention to his surroundings and wander his sight to it.

It is currently dark here and only the Moon's glare lighting up his environment.

"I know you're still here, Liying. Come out!" Xiao Zhan exclaimed and echoed to the entire room.

No Longer, Zhao Liying indeed showed herself up with an annoying sneer on her face. Xiao Zhan ordered Darren to hurt them lightly not enough to kill them, giving them a chance to reflect on their wickedness.

But well, As Xiao Zhan can see he was wrong, He then fiercely points his gun at her.

"Brother, Have mercy" She rolled her eyes.

Xiao Zhan clenched his gun more and eyed Liying sharply.

"I have been merciful enough." He gritted.

"Really?"

Xiao Zhan pauses for a moment, "Is she Liying? Why is she acting differently?"

"Really."

Zhao Liying lowered her head.