Brothers

Two people enter their apartment. They are both wearing advanced technology for flight capabilities. One of them is wearing a white mask that resembles an electrical outlet. Their hands are cybernetic in the aesthetic of plug prongs. The other one, who has long black hair, has two big gauntlets, though he is visibly hurt. The slim man helps him into the apartment. He rests him onto the sofa. He winces in pain.

"Thanks bro."

"What the hell happened?"

"Rift attacked us. Bastard kicked me off the edge."

"Who is this guy?"

"Father said he was a time traveller. Said he brought Red Thorn from the past to fight Sister."

"From the Enhanced Era? I know Father told us that much, but I never thought we'd have to deal with them."

"Kalan... Father's dead."

"What?"

"She killed him."

"I– I don't believe you."

"It's true, she did it without hesitation. She needs to be stopped. Hopefully Sister has killed them both."

"She's strong, Hiroto... She'll persevere."

"Go check on her at least."

"I don't want to leave you here."

"I'll be fine. Now, go. Bring her here."

"Fine."

#

Kalan goes to the ZoiTech facility and flies into the hangar opening. He lands amongst the mess, soon finding his 'sister' dead. Her body impaled by jagged metal with a large red thorn forced into her skull. Her eyes lay static, staring at Kalan. He gasps and freezes on the spot. Kalan falls to his knees, slightly removing his mask to throw up. His scarred mouth can be briefly seen before he pulls the mask back up.

"Oh, my God."

He stands up again and walks up to her.

He sighs and says, "Dear sister. You will be avenged."

Kalan steps up to her level, closing her eyes to rest. He then explores his empty second home, finding the dead wolfborn and a bunch of damage. He soon leaves to return to his brother.

#

Kalan returns to the apartment to notice Hiroto isn't on the couch anymore.

"Hiroto...? Hiroto, where are you?"

He walks into Hiroto's bedroom to find him in his en suite, cleaning a wound on his shoulder. The cut isn't too deep as he stitches it closed.

"You're back? Where is Sister?" he asks.

"She's gone too."

Hiroto stops stitching and hangs his head. Needle in his bloody hand, he slams down on the sink, nearly cracking it.

"Did she suffer?"

"I'm not sure I should–"

"Did she suffer, Kay?"

"Yes," he replies under his breath.

"I'm going to kill that son of a bitch. Even if it's the last thing I do."

"We'll kill them both. Rift and Red Thorn. We'll make them suffer."

#

Six months later, Rift is in a fast food street stall. He's sitting on the stool, eating meatballs off a skewer. He's being watched through zoomed optics. The vision is red with Rift highlighted.