Epilogue

One week later, Kalan wakes up from a nightmare. It was him, electrocuting Hiroto. He holds his head in guilt. Later Kalan walks into the surgeons for his appointment. He lays on the operating table and closes his eyes.

#

Meanwhile, Rift is back in his hideout with Red Sun. They are both sitting at the main mission table.

"I don't believe it," says Red.

"Yup."

"You sent me on a fool's errand?"

"Oh, yeah, haha. About that."

"I wasted all that time so you and Dusk could play team-up?"

"Look, I know–."

"I could've helped, man. What the hell?"

"Honestly, you would've made things difficult. I couldn't have you and Dusk trying to kill each other. It was easier to send you on a fool's errand."

"You bastard."

"Hey, but it all worked out in the end, didn't it?"

"You had your chest lacerated open by a giant wolf man."

"Psh, whatever."

"One of these days, you're going to get yourself killed and I won't be there to save you. You're just lucky Dusk and Outlet changed sides."

"Oh, no doubt. I'd be frozen cream cheese right now if not for them."

"Hmph."

"Speaking of cream cheese, both of them are coming around for dinner tonight."

"Are you kidding me?"

"Nope. Thought I'd reintroduce them to you. Now you won't try to kill them."

"Still can't guarantee that."

Rift chuckles.

"You're joking, right...? Red?"

END

#