𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥

Adrianna was stretched across her bed with her feet dangling over the edge when she heard her phone ring.

"I swear, if this is Gavin!" Adrianna groans, and looks at the number. "Oh, it's an unknown number?"

She picks up the phone.

"Hello?"

Hi! All I need you to do is confirm your stay at our hotel, and then we will work our way from there, ok? So, your names are-

Adrianna stops the man, and asks, "Uhh, what- who is this?"

Sorry, I should have been more clear. This is Cody at the front desk of the Royal Kona Resort. Calling for your stay, I think for three weeks?

Adrianna goes numb. She drops the phone, her face becomes pale, and it's like she's been taken over by shock. She totally forgot about the expensive vacation she planned two weeks ago for her and.......... Gavin. With everything paid for - the plane tickets, the couples suite, the beach spot.

She suddenly realizes that Cody is still on the other end of the line. She grabs the phone and puts it to her ear.

-can't really hear you, I think we're gonna have to call you back.

"I think so, too," Adrianna whispers, and hangs up. She groans, and falls back against her pillow.

A little while later, after Adrianna has thought everything through, she decides she just has to ask someone else to go in place of Gavin. It won't be the same, but at least it's better than canceling the entire trip.

"Mommmm," Piper calls. "Can you come in here, please?" Piper's mom comes to the door.

"Hi, baby," her mom says. "What's wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong. It's just that I got a call from the Royal Kona Resort - you know, the vacation I planned in Hawaii for Gavin and I..."

Adrianna's mom's eyes almost pop out of their sockets. "Oh my gosh, honey, I totally forgot."

"Yup. Me too," Adrianna says, rolling her eyes.

"What are we gonna do?" Her mom starts chewing her nails. "Since you and Gavin are broken up..."

"Uh-huh. Don't remind me. I was thinking, maybe you wanna go?"

"Ooh, let me check my calendar to see if I'm free!" Her mom takes out her phone.