Chapter 8

"Earth, birthplace of the human race, a species much like our own, capable of great compassion... and great violence.

For in our quest to protect the humans, a deeper revelation dawns.

Our worlds have met before."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In modern day Shanghai, the civilians population is being evacuated from an industrial area under the belief that a toxic spill has occurred.

A pink and white ice cream truck rounds a corner, spouting taunts from its radio.

"Ding a ling, come out and get ya ice cream." The truck shouts. "Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass-whupping!"

Around the area, military personnel and their allies, the Autobots, move in with heavy equipment.

"For the last two years, an advance team of new Autobots has taken refuge here under my command.

Together, we form an alliance with the humans, a secret but brave squad of soldiers.

A classified strike team called NEST.

We hunt for what remains of our Decepticon foes hiding in different countries around the globe."

The NEST team lead by Lennox lands from helicopters and ground vehicles, covering the area as more Autobots arrive.

"Alright, Ironhide. We got echoes." Lennox informs, tapping Ironhide's hood. The Autobot weapons specialist immediately transforms and arms himself.

"He's here. I smell him." Ironhide says.

As the team moved further into the complex, they are ambushed by the hulking Decepticon, Scavenger, an enormous Decepticon disguised as a construction crane.

After his initial attack, Scavenger flees from the humans and Autobots, destroying a helicopter in the process. In the chaos, a second Decepticon, Sideways, flees in his car mode. However, Arcee and her sisters are hot on his tail.

On an attempt to escape, Sideways dives through a building to the other side. Arcee, Chromia, and Flamewar hit the brakes and transform in the alley.

"We lost Sideways. Sideswipe, Jazz, he's coming your way." Arcee states over the commlink.

Sideswipe and Jazz quickly take off and easily catch up to Sideways. The former racers transform and roll down the road, firing at the Decepticon. The chase quickly comes to an end when Sideswipe bisects Sideways down the middle with one of his swords.

"Beautiful, baby." Jazz comments, fist bumping Sideswipe.

Meanwhile, in the city itself, Ironhide and Cliffjumper are giving chase to Scavenger while the Decepticon carves a path of destruction.

From an AC-130 Gunship above the city, Optimus Prime is airdropped into the city in pursuit of Scavenger.

"Autobots, I'm in pursuit!" Optimus declares. The Autobot leader jumps onto Scavenger's chassis and begins to shoot him with his Ion Blaster. "Pull over!" Optimus blasts out Scavenger's lower wheel and forces him to crash off the freeway they were on into a large factory. The rest of the Autobots and NEST are quick to catch up to Optimus, Ironhide and Cliffjumper standing next to Prime.