Chapter 16

Airachnid drove through the hot sands of the Egyptian desert, Y/n sitting in her driver's seat.

"So if the Matrix is connected to all the Primes, how come the Fallen can't find it like you said Optimus can?"

"When the Fallen betrayed the other Primes he was cut off from the light of Primus by Nova Prime. He used the Matrix to rip the light from the Fallen, weakening him."

"And he's still so strong that he's feared to this day by all Cybertronians?" Y/n asked surprised.

"Thus is the strength of the Primes." Airachnid said.

"Who was he before he was called the Fallen?"

"He was known as Megatronus, a powerful and charismatic warrior, if you believe the legends." Airachnid said. "But his power is unquestionably fearsome. Do not ever underestimate him."

"Megatronus? As in Megatron?"

"Megatron used the name Megatronus when he was a gladiator on Cybertron eons ago. At the time, the Prime he named himself after was thought of as a hero, hence why he used it. But eventually he shortened it just before he started the war. How he came into the service of the Fallen, I do not know, but Megatron is not one to serve easily." Airachnid explained.

"So why would the Fallen come to Egypt?" Y/n asked.

"The Energon Harvester is here. He knows exactly where it is and intends to activate it to destroy your sun with the Matrix."

"So which came first? The Harvester or the Matrix?" Y/n asked.

"The Matrix. The Harvester was created by Solus Prime as a solution to extracting Energon from other worlds. While Cybertron was capable of generating enough Energon for our fledgling race in the beginning, some of the Primes believed that the Energon was finite, and wanted an alternative means of Energon production in case Cybertron ever ran dry. Thus, with the use of her forge, Solus Prime created the Harvester, designing it in a way that only the Matrix, and by extension, and the Primes could use it."

~~~~~~~~Meanwhile...

Major Lennox, his team, and the Autobots were flying over northern Egypt in large transport planes. Blitzwing, Silverbolt, Air Raid, and Shatter were flying escort for the transports.

"Optimus.." Shatter called over the commlink. "Do you think Y/n is alright?" Worry and fear was very evident in Shatter's voice.

"Do not fear, Shatter, he will be fine. I am confident in his safety." Optimus responded.

"But, how will we find him?" Shatter asked, still unsure.

"I can feel the Matrix, Shatter. It is close, and I believe Y/n will not be far from it." Shatter could only sigh as they continued to fly. Eventually, they reached the area of the Pyramids and Optimus called for Lennox to begin the drop.

Lennox gave the order and the Autobots and NEST air dropped into the area with old ruins dotting the area.

"Major, I can feel the Matrix. It's getting closer." Optimus said as he stood next to Lennox.

"And you think Y/n is with it?" Lennox asked.

"I am certain of it." Optimus responded. "And the Decepticons won't be far behind. Autobots, defensive formation! Blitzwing, aerial patrol. Arcee, take Flamewar and Chromia and-"

Optimus is cut off when a Decepticon war fleet suddenly jumps into the sky above the desert.