𝟭𝟳

𝗦𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟬, 𝟭𝟵𝟱𝟬

" Mi flor perfecta." Alma said coming in the door of her daughter's shop." Yes mamá." Mia said coming from the back with Anna and Isabela.

" Hello girls.." Alma told them and the two smiled.

" Hola Abuela." They both said." I would like to speak to your mother if you don't mind.." she said and they nodded saying goodbye before running off." What is it mamá?" Mia asked looking at her.

" well, I decided to come and meet these new visitors. I want you to provide them with blankets and clothes while your sister is cooking them some bake goods. I want you and your sister with me when I come meet them.." She said and Mia nodded.

" of course I can do that." Mia said and Alma nodded." good how much time do you have?" She asked." how about an hour." Mia said and she nodded." good, the sooner I learn about them the better." Alma said and Mia nodded.

" so what were you girls doing before I got here." Alma asked." just doing some mother-daughter bonding." Mia said and Alma smiled." they are lucky to have you mi ángel." She told her and Mia smiled.

" thanks mamá." Mia said smiled." well, I'll leave you to it." Alma said, Mia nodded as she watched her mamá leave the store. Mia pulled up her sleeve on her dress before getting to work.

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

Mateo grabbed some hay before picking it up and putting it in the cart. Once he finished grabbing all the hay, he started walking with it.

" Need any help primo?" Luisa said, running towards him." no I'm okay prima, what are you doing?" He asked looking at her." just finishing up the last bit of my chores and I'm free for the day." She said and turns to him.

" let me guess you have to get the donkeys again?" He teased, and she rolled her eyes.

" yes, unfortunately I do, sometimes I can't understand why the owner can't just build a better fence, than they wouldn't have to run out." She said and started complaining.

" maybe because he's lazy like that." Miguel said, and she turns to him.." I mean, when you think about it, all we do is help the town with their needs, but what have they ever done for us?" He asked.

" I don't know, but Abuela said we shouldn't take our gifts for granted." She told him." I know and it's amazing to have these gifts. It's just sometimes, what if something happens and the town can't protect themselves because they rely on us too much." She said.

" then we have to be ready for whatever happens." She said and he looks down." anyway I'm gonna go get finish. Good luck." She said before running away.

He looks confused at that last sentence that she said. He felt someone's tapping on his shoulder and turned around to see that it was the new guy.

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

Alma, Julieta and Mia were now standing at the new family's home. Alma knocked on the door and a man answered.

" hello, who are you?" He asked." my name is Alma Madrigal. I'm the one who runs this little town here. This is my daughter Julieta and I see that you already met my other daughter Mia." She said as he looked at them.

" Oh, it's nice to meet you. I'm Rico." He said, shaking her hand." it's very nice to meet you and we are here because we want to personally welcome you to Encanto." She said and turns to her daughters.

Rico smiled a little as his wife appeared in the doorway staring at them.

" oh, new guest hello I am Sophia." She said to them, shaking their hand." Hello Mia." She said and Mia nodded." hello, we brought you somethings to help with your stay." Julieta said as the couple led the girls inside the house.

" oh, my thank you we really needed this." Sophia said, taking the blankets from Mia." Now my daughter and my son can sleep comfortably now thank you." she said, and they nodded.

" my daughter here is like our personal Baker in this town and she bought you some good to start you off." Alma said as Julieta hanged them a basket of baked goods.

" thank you for your generosity Mrs. Madrigal." He said." anytime." Alma said and smiled." it was nice to meet you guys but I really gotta get going to go finish up my work." Julieta told them.

" what is it that you do?" Rico asked her." I give out food to the town." She said and Sophia's eyes widen." if you want, I can help you." Sophia asked.." I don't know." Julieta said and looked at her mamá." Please it's the least I can do." She said, alma nodded to Julieta who smiled.

" sure I would appreciate the help." She said and Sophia smiled before grabbing her arm and pulling her out the door.

" anyway, it was nice meeting you Rico we'll get out of your hair." Alma said, he nodded and watched them leave the house.

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

" So you are the new guy my sister was talking about Mateo, right?" Miguel said, and he nodded." it's nice to meet you and sorry if I scared you." he said, and Miguel nodded.

" it's okay, I don't mind. What are you doing?" Miguel asked him." I just wanted to come meet you." Mateo said as Miguel stared at him." if I'm trouble I can leave." Mateo said and Miguel shook his head no.

" no sorry it's just I don't really much talk to people outside of my family." He said and Mateo looked at him." why, if you don't mind me asking." He said." because of my chores and because I'm awkward like that." He told him.

" I consider myself to be one of the smartest people in my town. Some people think I'm full of myself." Miguel said." well, you do not deserve that, if people think you being smart is a bad thing, then maybe they're just jealous of you." He said and Miguel looked at him.

" do you think so?" He asked." I know so." Mateo said it. Miguel smiled." Hi Miguel.." He said, raising his hand out for Mateo to shake." I am Mateo.." Mateo said, shaking his hand." I think we're gonna be great friends." Miguel said." me too..