𝟮𝟰

𝗢𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟮, 𝟭𝟵𝟱𝟬

"Dolores!" Mia yelled out, she watched the poor girl fall down the waterfall. They all found a way down the waterfall and ran to Dolores body that was floating in the water.

They soon saw her body being picked up by an unfamiliar person. A person rose up and it was a man carrying Dolores out of the water and towards them.

"Oh, thank you." Mia said and hugged Dolores's body." Is she breathing?" Isabela asked and the man begin to do CPR on Dolores.

Soon Dolores coughed up the water that was in her mouth before laying back down. The family smiled, knowing she was alive.

"She has a head injury that needs to be treated. I have the equipment in my house.." He said and they looked at him." No harm will come to her." He said, Mia looked at him before nodding.

The family and Rico followed the man to his house, or rather a treehouse. They climbed up the treehouse to see the man putting Dolores on a bed.

He grabbed out a box of medicine before treating Dolores's wound. Once he was finished, he looked at the family.

"Thank you, uhh." Mia said and looked at him." The name is Noah." He said and she smiled." Thank you for saving my niece." She said and he nodded." Please don't apologize. Anyone would've done the same." He said her and she nods.

"So, how long have you been living here?" Agustin asked the man." I've been here for two years now." He said and they all looked at him." And your family hasn't come found you yet." Mirabel asked with her eyes widened.

"I don't have any family left, I'm the only one." He told them and they frowned." I can see you guys are in a need of attention." He said looking at their clothes.

"Uh, yeah, a few days ago we ended up in the woods and haven't found a way back home yet." Mia told him." I have some clothes and there are some water for you guys to clean up." Noah said and they nodded.

The family took the time to each take turns to take a bath. Once they were finished, they put the clothes on that Noah has picked out for them. Isabela, Anna, Mirabel and Mia look at the clothes weird.

Since when do women wear pants?

They eventually put the clothes on, and it was quite comfortable. Mia sat with Dolores and clean her face while waiting for her to wake up.

"How do you guys like the outfits?" Noah asked and they turned to him." It's very unique, since when do women wear pants." Mia said.

"Since a long time ago why?" He asked." No reason." She told him." So how did you get here?" Anna asked him." I was on a plane heading towards my family when it crashed. I was the only person who was still alive." He told them.

"What is a plane?" Mirabel asked him and he looked at them weird." You don't know what a plane is?" He asked they shook their head no." It's an invention that was created a long time ago." He told them." It can fly in the air and take you places." He told them and they still look confused.

"I don't know how to exactly explain it to you." He told them and they nodded. they heard a noise and saw the boys coming out.

Noah could notice the tension between them all. He didn't want to be nosy, so he just let it go. Everyone heard a grunting sound and turn around to see Dolores waking up.

The girls ran up to her, surrounding her as she slowly got up, holding her head in pain.

"What happened?" Dolores asked, looking around, trying to figure out where she was." You fell into the water and bumped your head." Mia told her." But a generous man helped you." Isabela told her and Dolores looked at Noah, who smiled.

"Uh, thank you so much." Dolores said and he nodded." If you're hungry I have some food here." He told them and they nodded.

"How long was I out?" Dolores asked them and Mia rubbed her back." You were out for a few hours." She told the girl. They helped Dolores get on her feet as she got up to a plate of food.

"I'm sure you guys are very exhausted and I will prepare your beds." He told them before walking away." He has a very nice house." Isabela said, looking at it.

"I never been in a treehouse before." Mirabel said and smiled." Even though they were away from home this was kind of like an adventure. There is so much that they were missing out since staying in the village. The world had evolved.

"It's nice to meet someone outside of the village. We pretty much know everyone." Dolores told them." Should we trust him?" Isabela asked the family.

"He did save your cousin. The least we can do is show our hospitality. And besides, there's more of us than him." Mia told her daughter and Isabela nods.

LATER ON, THE FAMILY WERE ALL IN THEIR BEDS BESIDES AGUSTIN AND MIA.

They both stood outside, looking at the moon and the stars. Agustin looked at Mia, who was in deep thought.

"You okay Mia." He asked and she looked up at the sky.

"We almost lost Dolores today. My sister almost lost her daughter in my care in less than a day. Who knows what else would happen while we're away from home?" She told him honestly.

"We got this Mia. We will find a way back home to our family." He told her and she nods." While we are out here, we should really talk about us." He said and she shook her head.

"No Agustin, that's in the past. We should be focusing on our kids and how to get back home." She said and he sighs." We should go to bed, hopefully we'll be leaving tomorrow." She said before walking away.

He watched her leave before looking at the stars.

"Give me straight to make it through for my family."

When he said that he headed off to bed for the night. Praying that his family can make it home without someone else getting hurt.