in my mind

when you woke up in thomas's bed your eyes were so puffy they were almost shut. you had cried yourself to sleep in his arms, venting about everything that happened. he just sat there, running his fingers through your hair and rubbing your back.

that's what you liked about thomas. even though he didn't talk to cheer you up, he knew what to do to make you feel better. his way of telling you that he was there was from his arms that were clasped tightly around your sobbing body, running his fingers through your hair, resting his chin on your head.

you sat up and cringed at the feeling of your bra strap digging into your shoulder. one of thomas's large flannel jackets was buttoned up and on you, and you were still wearing the sweats you had on for the whole day yesterday.

you sat there, relishing in the last moments of rest you would probably get for the rest of the day. the corners of your eyes felt crusty, and your throat felt dry. you already knew that thomas was gone at school.

eventually, you stood up and began to head toward thomas's closet. there weren't many clothes in there, mainly consisting of flannels and the t-shirts and tanktops he wore under. but on the far bottom left corner, there was a drawer full of clothes you had purposely left behind for occasions like this.

you picked out your favorite pair of jeans and one of thomas's old band t-shirts (you'd looked for those jeans forever!!!) deeming it a lazy outfit that would look good and went to thomas's bathroom.

you got ready, changing and brushing your teeth in there. you cringed at the sight of his axe body spray on the counter and took a mental note to tell him to throw that out.

finally, you finished and were ultimately super late. you didn't care though, taking your time to leave his house (not after eating a slice of the cake you made) and walk to school.

by the time you got there the bell had just rang for lunch. you began to walk to the cafeteria, not really paying attention to anything but your moving feet.

"y/n!!!!" you heard danny shout, and then the pounding of footsteps coming toward you. you turned your head to look at the diaz brothers, your favorite danny lagging behind his two brothers.

it brought a smile to your face, the view of all three brothers beaming at you as they pulled you into a giant hug.

thomas lagged behind, a nonchalant smile on his face and lazy feet dragging their way over to you. he rolled his eyes at the brothers as if to say, "have fun with that".

you rolled your eyes back at him and blew him a raspberry as the brothers peeled themselves off you. "thomas said you might not be here the whole day!" danny said, slightly out of breath.

"yeah, but we didn't believe him. obviously thomas is a bit estupido to not know you hate missing school." daniel said, rolling his eyes. you and his brothers snickered at his words as thomas scoffed and stepped toward daniel in a threatening way. you knew enough to tell that he was joking.

"you wanna say that again, pendejo?" he growled, cracking the knuckles on his hand as damacio folded over in his silent cackling. daniel stepped back, eyes wide and his hands over his head in surrender. "that's what i though coño." 

you gripped onto the unstable arms of danny and damacio, doubling over in laughter. you were out of breath and tears sprung into your eyes. danny cackled as damacio nearly fell over from his laughter. the five of you were certainly making a scene, but nobody could bring themselves to care.

unbeknownst to you, thomas had cracked into a huge smile, fondly staring at your laughing face. he mapped the way your eyes squinted and how your smile gave him a tingling warmth that stretched all the way to the bottom of his feet. he loved seeing you this happy. such a stark contrast to how you were yesterday.

yesterday. the thought wiped away his smile, replaced by his usual frown. his fists clenched by his sides. if only he could get a few punches on those parents of yours. so blantatly neglectful and hurtful, to you of all people.

but he knew he couldn't. even though they hurt you and tore you down until your last straw you still admired them and loved them. he could tell as much by the way you'd cried in his arms and how you placed the blame on yourself instead of those pedazos de mierda.

something tugged on the sleeve of his flannel and he turned to meet your bright eyes, crinkled with concern now, not laughter. he was so lost in though he didn't notice the lack of laughter in the background. the diaz brothers had gone ahead, ready to start feasting on the food their mom packed.

"what's up?" you asked, your voice soft and sweet like flower petals drifting to the ground. your eyes searched his, looking for anything that might seem wrong. a dopey grin pieced itself together on his face.

"nothing," he said, softly, entranced by the way your eyes shone in the dim school lights and how it seemed like it was only you two in the whole world. somebody walked past him with loud footsteps, and he snapped out of it, clearing his throat and dropping the smile. "nothing."  he could tell you were going to question him more about this by the look in your eyes, but then danny called out to the two of you from within the cafeteria, waving his arms above his head.

you gave thomas one last "are you sure?" look and began to skip off to the brothers and their feast after recieving a nod and a smile in return. thomas looked on at you fondly, memorizing the way your hair bounced against your back lightly and the fit of his shirt on your body.

you turned once you were at the table, gesturing for him to come excitedly. his smile grew on his face, butterflies swirling in his stomach. god, if only you knew.

:-----:

sorry for not uploading in like a million years lol

hope this 1000+ word chapter makes up for it tho!!!!

as always, thanks for reading and make sure to comment and vote <3

love yall!!!

:-----: