𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 | 𝐔𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞

MELODY'S POV

MELODY'S POV

Flashback from Before ~

I LEAN MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL, one hand gripped firmly on the knife punctured in my left thigh. I shift uncomfortably as I use all my willpower to pull the knife out of me with a loud groan escaping my lips.

Laying on my side, I inhaled deeply. Applying pressure on the wound that gushed out blood. My hands trembled from the excruciating pain, but I stopped and sat up when the sound of footsteps approached me.

And I knew right there and then I was going to die.

Stefan Salvatore stepped out of the kitchen doorframe with blood all over his hand and that humanity-less smile on his lips.

I watched as he licked some of the blood off his fingers. "The kitchen is a big mess. You should call a bioremediation specialist to clean the mess-" I cut him off.

"Fuck you," I said through clenched teeth, feeding him precisely what he wanted.

And although I wish I hadn't fallen under his trap, I did. And you want to know why?

It's because he killed my parents right before me and stabbed me all because I got in his way. Because I believed I could vervain him and take him back to the boarding house in one piece.

And I thought wrong-he read right through me. And like the arrogant bitch I am, I assumed I had the vampire wrapped around my little finger.

And now look at me? Laying like a fool on the ground because I didn't listen to Damon and went rogue with my own plan.

Stefan shook his head, sighing as if he was disappointed in me. "You should be celebrating! Come on, Melody, you told me you wanted to be a detective! I gave you your first case. You should appreciate me."

I throw the knife at him. "You're dead."

With all my strength, I pushed my body upward. Fighting back the grunts I knew would slip from my lips if I didn't bite my tongue.

Stefan seemed unfazed by the knife that landed right by his toes-if anything. It only excited him.

"No, no. Let me show you. Come on. It'll be great." He approached me and grabbed my arm, using his vampire strength to pull me into the kitchen.

I slam my heels down. Digging them into the ground and pushing Stefan away so I wouldn't have to witness the horror again.

But it was no use.

Stefan and I stood in the middle of the kitchen. The smell of blood hit my nose, and before I could take a peek at my lifeless parents, I closed my eyes.