𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 | 𝐍𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧

MELODYS POV

MELODYS POV

AS THE SOUND OF DISHES CLATTER AND THE SCENT OF DELICIOUS FOOD WAFTED THROUGH THE AIR, I was gently awakened from my slumber.

I rub my eyes while sitting upright, glancing at my surroundings.

As I gazed upon the vintage posters adorning the walls, a sudden realization washed over me - I had spent the night at Kai's place and never made it back home. The colorful eye-catching surroundings seemed to mock my forgetfulness, making me feel slightly embarrassed.

I look down to make sure I was fully clothed, and thankfully, I was. Knowing myself, a one-night stand with men like Kai has always been on my record books.

Sighing in relief, I remove the blanket from me.

I really need to pee, so the bathroom would be my first stop before I get the hell out of this place. I rush to the bathroom and lock the door, rushing to the toilet while unzipping my pants and sitting down.

I rub my eyes and look at my surroundings as I pee. Way to go, Melody; you really slept over at this guy's house.

He's definitely going to eat this up, which is why I have to leave. Running into Kai is not an option here.

As I finish up and flush, I wash my hands. That's when a horrified gasp escaped my lips when my eyes landed on my reflection.

My makeup was smeared all over my face. My mascara had run down the side of my eyes, and my lipstick was uneven.

I have lost all my dignity! I can't believe he saw me like this. . .I never let anyone see me look a mess - anyone.

Shaking my head, I grabbed some toilet paper and wet it before rubbing it on my eyes, removing the mistakes, but it was so obvious; there was a stain left on my eyes, making me grunt.

Throwing the toilet paper in the trash, I grab more and do the same with my lips. I looked better, but it was noticeable what I had done. It made it look like I was trying hard to look cute, also something that crushed my dignity.

Looks like I'm never winning.

I heard footsteps walking my way, so I quickly shut the lights and held my breath. Kai stopped in front of the bathroom door. I covered my mouth as if that was going to help.

Kai knocks a few times, "I can hear your heartbeats y'know?" A chuckle escaped his lips at my sad attempt to hide from a vampire.

For some reason, his voice just pissed me off this morning.

I unlock the door and open it in defeat, "I was hoping you would pretend you didn't hear me so I could sneak away."

"Like a whore?" He arched his brow.

I huff, "Not like a whore if we didn't do anything." I walk past him to the living room, gathering my things quickly.

Kai followed behind me. "How would you know we didn't do anything?"